All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a couple of days......

Yesterday was really busy at work and I literally didn't stop and ended up working until 10pm at home too.
    Then today I did my usual job until lunchtime and then went to meet the head of the other school, who after a bit of a sales pitch offered me a job! There are things that I need to do before its official but we shook hands on it and it's a done deal all bar the formal stuff !

Flipping Eck!! Talk about not knowing what's around the corner!!
    I'm thrilled but nervous and have time to get used to the idea and can't reveal anything for a little while whilst things are worked out. OH knows and has been amazingly supportive. I'm just flabbergasted by the whole thing.

And breathe..... :)

So I was going to running club tonight but have just got home and walked the dog so have cried off - will go for a run tomorrow instead. Need to get my head round today's events tonight....

Instead, I'm going to sort out the banking and do a budget for May - my life is so rock and roll!!!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    So budgets done....

Have paid all the bills and directs debits and budgeted for....
    £120 for two hair appointments (might only be one)
    £20 extra petrol (put £50 in today)
    £70 dogs tablets
    £40 dog haircut
    £50 counselling session ( might not have this but budgeted for in case)
    £200 groceries
    £300 spending money

Savings....
    £200 holidays (desperately need one)
    £25 Xmas account
    £50 house and garden account
    £200 general savings
    £100 contingency account

Think it's fairly ok this month with regards to outgoings - no big birthdays or events. I have a night out planned for this coming weekend with a friend but not sure what we're doing yet. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Oops! Forgot the new passport..... Approx £100.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Just sat watching telly when it suddenly dawned on me how far I've come in a short space of time..

I've achieved....
    Losing half a stone and am much fitter
    Kept up running and am actually enjoying it
    Got a new job!!!
    Started preventative treatment and am perservering despite feeling yukky a lot of the time - it will be worth it in the long run
    Have gone some way to resolving things with OH
    Am financially solvent and have grown my savings

They're just the big things - lots of little victories too - feel like a much better person. Will have a think about what's next..... :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Afternoon all....
    A busy day at work which included an hour long positive meeting with OH discussing my job offer. Feel better about it and us now.
    Got home and checked my personal email to find an offer of an interview for another job! It's a more senior position but the school isn't as good and it's further away. This is a mad week! Need to talk to OH about it but my gut feeling is to say thanks but no thanks and stick to what I was offered yesterday. I think I should honour their faith in me but nothing has been signed yet. It never rains but it pours - unusually in a good way this week :)

Have taken the dog for a long stroll in the park - he really enjoyed it today and looked happy. He's getting old so days like today when he runs around like a puppy are getting rarer. Nice to see him being naughty and playful :)

This evening I'm going to do a quick clean downstairs, put a load of washing in and generally potter about a bit. Slept really badly last night - a combination of too much stuff in my head and a sweaty hot night courtesy of the tablets - so a probable early night is on the cards.
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    Options
    Delurking to say - Brilliant stuff!
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    Also delurking to say well done! You!!!8217;re doing an amazing job of lots of things at the moment and I reckon it!!!8217;s a sign of more good things to come!
    Is your new job offer a sideways step into a school that will make you happier or is it a more senior post?
    ETA x
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 2 May 2018 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Thank you Stepup and Escaping!
    It's a sideways step with a potential promotion in approx 18months, the attraction (apart from a bit more money) is the opportunity to work with a fabulous headteacher and an amazing deputy that is everything I'd like to be. I'll learn loads and it will put me in a great position in the future. The school is great too - doing really well but with areas that I can improve.
    Now it's sunk in and I've settled things professionally with OH I'm excited and nervous!! Spoke with him about the other offer and we both agree the original one is the way forward, glad he's being so understanding and professional about it all. A much better reaction than I'd anticipated - perhaps this was the problem all along?

Have done a bit of cleaning, put a load of washing on and had a soak in the bath with my audiobook (the Tess Gerritson one called Vanish, it's really good), and did a bit of defuzzing and a face scrub and am currently slathered in night cream - very glam ;)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Huge congratulations. Very well deserved.
    And it might help things with OH if you are not involved in each others' work issues - you will each have more objectivity for a start, as long as OH remembers to ask you about your job as well as you listening to him.
    Will the side effects of the drugs settle down?
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• TheMagician
    TheMagician Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Woop woop! Congratulations :D How very exciting. You'll do great
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income