switching tesco to nationwide

Options
We have multiple accounts with Tesco and we would like to open a new account by useing the switching method to Nationwide.
My question is . Do i only have to give one account number?and still retain the other accounts at Tesco? and use the remaining accounts to open other switching facilities . thankyou.

Comments

• Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    Yes just the one. I used to have 2 Tesco accounts when it was 3% interest. I switched one of them for the bribe bonus, still keeping other for clubcard points
  • robotrobo
    robotrobo Posts: 921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    Yes just the one. I used to have 2 Tesco accounts when it was 3% interest. I switched one of them for the bribe bonus, still keeping other for clubcard points

So my next question is ! other than Nationwide what other bank or building society can i do a worthwhile switch to?.
    We already have the following accounts.
    Santander.
    LLoyds
    TSB
    First direct
    We have no direct debits to go around , so we are looking for accounts with bonuses without d/debits.
    Thankyou.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    robotrobo wrote: »
    So my next question is ! other than Nationwide what other bank or building society can i do a worthwhile switch to?.
    We already have the following accounts.
    Santander.
    LLoyds
    TSB
    First direct
    We have no direct debits to go around , so we are looking for accounts with bonuses without d/debits.
    Thankyou.

Nat West sometimes have switching incentives. I did them last year & didnt need DD's. HSBC is another dunno about DD's for them.

Just keep an eye out on this site for them. Halifax also sometimes do them.
  • robotrobo
    robotrobo Posts: 921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    Nat West sometimes have switching incentives. I did them last year & didnt need DD's. HSBC is another dunno about DD's for them.

Just keep an eye out on this site for them. Halifax also sometimes do them.

sorry . we have got Nat west
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    HSBC:cool:
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HSBC- need x2 DDs or SOs (oh and the £1750 pay in per month)
    SOs are easy to organise.......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or the HSBC ordinary/standard account, no pay in required although it requires 2 DD or SO to be switched. That pays £75 switch incentive.
  • badger09
    Options
    Brewer20 wrote: »
    Or the HSBC ordinary/standard account, no pay in required although it requires 2 DD or SO to be switched. That pays £75 switch incentive.

Advance is better. Better switch incentive & qualifies you for the regular saver @ 2.75%
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Advance is better. Better switch incentive & qualifies you for the regular saver @ 2.75%

Advance is better if you qualify for it …. but if not, the ordinary account also lets you open a 2.75% RS, and as above, pays £75 to switch. I switched just for the £75 and to access the RS (mine is 3% until it finishes).
  • badger09
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Advance is better if you qualify for it ….

Agreed
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    ....but if not, the ordinary account also lets you open a 2.75% RS, and as above, pays £75 to switch. I switched just for the £75 and to access the RS (mine is 3% until it finishes).

I'd forgotten HSBC have harmonised the rate on the RS.
    Advance account used to qualify for 5% (v 3% with the ordinary account)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure