What cc motorbike can I drive without license

Options

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CBT is valid for two years so where is it recorded if you passed your driving test after 2001?

I was only required to have one to sit my test, from memory it was a handwritten certificate.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 October 2018 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    Both are used in English, but license is a verb, not a noun.

But you still understood what was meant, right? Here's a definition for you to look up in the Oxford Dictionary:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prat

Oh and license can be a noun. Where do you think your local pub gets its licensing from? Or record labels license a recording from an independent artist? It is a license in that context.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Car_54 wrote: »
    Only among the uneducated.

should that be "among" or "amongst"?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    CBT is valid for two years so where is it recorded if you passed your driving test after 2001?

I think some punctuation is needed in there ... as it stands I'm not sure what you're exactly asking.

The way it reads to me is that you're asking "where is it recorded if you passed your driving test after 2001?". Your licence tells you when various classifications were attained. But I suspect you already know that, so ... what exactly are you asking?
  • walesrob
    walesrob Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    But you still understood what was meant, right? Here's a definition for you to look up in the Oxford Dictionary:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prat

Oh and license can be a noun. Where do you think your local pub gets its licensing from? Or record labels license a recording from an independent artist? It is a license in that context.

A Mercedes driver posting a link to the word prat.

Comedy gold.;)
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    MEM62 wrote: »
    However, your current full driving license will give you provisional entitlement you to ride a motorcycle of up to 125cc after your have completed a CBT.
    He doesn't need a CBT for a Class P moped.

From the DVLA driving licence checker...
    https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/
    P.pngCategory: P

You can drive motor vehicles with fewer than 4 wheels with a maximum design speed exceeding 45 kilometres per hour (km/h) but not exceeding 50km/h and which, if propelled by an internal combustion engine, has a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50cc

<125cc are A1. The OP's licence is good for provisional with L plates, but needs to be backed up with a valid CBT (they expire).
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    I think some punctuation is needed in there ... as it stands I'm not sure what you're exactly asking.

The way it reads to me is that you're asking "where is it recorded if you passed your driving test after 2001?". Your licence tells you when various classifications were attained. But I suspect you already know that, so ... what exactly are you asking?

No, the CBT pass.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    walesrob wrote: »
    A Mercedes driver posting a link to the word prat.

Comedy gold.;)

I don't drive a Mercedes any more, plus I'm not the one being anal about spellings when it is clear what is intended.
  • GothicStirling
    GothicStirling Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Both are used in English, but license is a verb, not a noun.

Sorry to derail again, but can't let this one go. Since when was license a 'doing word'? Please, give us an example of 'to license' in a grammatical sentence. License is a noun (a naming word).

Edit, you're using license as in 'to provide a license.' Not that some who wasn't a part of the DVLA or some other kind of licensing board, would use the word license as a verb.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 9:23AM
    Options
    What's your excuse, MEM62?

I was obviously let down by the comprehensive school system of the 1970's. Or it could be a residual effect of the years I spent living in the USA. I already bear the shame arising from my poor command of my mother tongue on a daily basis but should you wish to assign me some additional penance please feel free to do so. You can email the details to [EMAIL="idontgiveatoss&#64;nointernet.com"]idontgiveatoss@nointernet.com[/EMAIL]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure