PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whoa! I'm late and serves me right - there was so much to read through! Welcome to those that need welcoming, and hugs to those who need them.

All I can say is that it was a good job that I had my relatively productive time for today at 6.30 am. Before going to paid stuff, I put the towels in to WM for running this evening, emptied DW, did HHI, put out recycling, S&s downstairs loo and bathroom, got dinner out of freezer. I took DD to school, filled car with petrol and went to work. On the way home, the pre Christmas roadworks that made my December commute a misery, reappeared, and my 20 minute journet home took me an hour! Cue one unhappy Fayolle. Got in, cooked dinner, as nobody else had thought to, WU ( left DUPA until drained, in the hope that somebody else would then do it). I ticked a couple of jobs off my list - finished a birthday card for DSis, and sent an email to a friend in the US which has been outstanding for weeks.

I started writing this an hour ago. DH then confessed that he hadn't done his tax return yet and could I help him sort it.:mad: Tax return has been duly completed and submitted. He owes me. Again.

ETA - FFP - you can't go. Pigpen says so. I can't keep up at the mo either, so we can fall behind together :)

Dizzy - I think I might join you. :beer: Roll on Tuesday.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time..
    Same here - most of my weight gain is due to meds (some 'orrible tetracyclic anti-d's they tried me on and rapidly switched me back as they put half a stone on me in just a week + the recent fiasco with Gabapentin). I have to try though; if I can shift some hopefully my back and knee will be a little less painful.

Ye gods and little fishes; page four already! :D

Decluttering day today - Mr LW has been to barber and had the extra 2" of hair that was annoying him and looking untidy snipped, and a large box of useless-to-us-but-maybe-treasure-to-someone-else stuff taken to the chazzer. Mr LW has culled his shirts; he had a fair few because he used to wear a clean one to work every day, but now he's retired and virtually lives in t-shirts, he only needs a couple of "decent" ones and a couple of casual ones, so that's freed up a bit of wardrobe space.

Popped into Wyrdo's for some incense sticks, and had a chat with Tony, who runs the place.

Bathroom was blitzed yesterday, so I don't feel too much like a Bad Flylady. :D

Mr LW has to visit the horse-piddle tomoz for an ECG, so any posi-vibes would be welcome (I shall *gulp* be driving).

Oh, and a big warm Wolfy WELCOME to new Flyers. :wave:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Level 1

[STRIKE]Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers[/STRIKE]
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    [STRIKE]Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps[/STRIKE]

Level 2

[STRIKE]Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished[/STRIKE]

Misc
    [STRIKE]Put away laundry[/STRIKE]

Haven't quite got the energy to scrub the shower, but my flat is cleaner/tidier tonight than it was this morning :) Now, time to chill with cute kitten videos and sew a button back on my trousers.

wishingthemortgaheaway - can I join you with an "arghh" for the living room!? This fights with my bedroom for the worst room in the house, it also has random kitchen stuff in odd places that never made it back to the kitchen after I painted in there... well, I suppose there's only one direction to go from here!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Rosemary, its more the fact that, at the moment, the only day I've got immovable commitments is tomorrow - living room day!!!!

I do deal with ofsted & hmrc on a daily work basis, so think I'm going to tackle it whilst I'm on hold to them tomorrow (I definitely have to ring each one once, but it's bound to me more when my managers remember tomorrow is my work day for this week. )
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome to the new peoples :hello:

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Dusted all through top to bottom
    Looked online for a replacement car - appointment tomorrow

DH has finally shredded all the old files etc that I cleared out last year together with old cards, passports etc. There are now two large black bin bags of 'shreds' waiting to go to recycling :j

MAD = Drawer one in kitchen. Tipped, hoovered and wiped out. Cutlery etc and tray washed and replaced. Garbage chucked.

H2H = sorted boxes in spare room, repacked and restacked and folded and stored empties.

If it's gone it's done or I don't have one

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate

Tuesday Twinkles Living room
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Wipe plants
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor
    extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FfP - I don’t read everything I don’t have the hours or brain space. Stick around. Please

Hex2 so that’s 2 of us who don’t need to buy DW tablets this year!!!

Managed dishwasher, washer, drier, cooking kids tea, cleaning toilet, more rubbish out another 2 bags. Considering I’ve spent 1 hour in the house apart from being asleep until 10 minutes ago I don’t think I did bad. Pleased I got that bathroom head start. Can’t find the shower curtain I thought I had, will need to pick one up as I’ve attempted to clean this one and it’s about had it.

Tomorrow I’m finishing work on time, coming home to pack for Thursday and do house stuff so will catch up some then. Must decide what to do for tea.

Boys have been defleaed, scrubbed, hairs and nails chopped. Facial fuzz also calmed down as both back to college tomorrow. Youngest tried to still click a full weeks budget money when he’s only there Tuesday - Thursday this week. Cheeky ratbag
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 1:32AM
    Options
    Oh my goodness Donnajt, you are awesome.

thank you wishingthemortgageaway - I'm really not, i suffer with ME and fibromylgia so when I have a good day i get as much done as possible - because if i stop i won't be able to move again

i do 20 min bursts, 20 mins resting/reading/online/tv, 20 mins housework - where i've been following this thread and took part in the xmas declutter, my home is in pretty good shape so it's quite easy now to keep on top of things
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Well bathroom was deep cleaned at the end of last week so it didn't take me long to do it again and I definitely didn't do the Windows again!!
    Over the weekend I spring cleaned my bedroom and moved back in there, as my Xmas visitors stayed in there(it's the biggest room) so I took the opportunity to do everything bar painting it and it looks lovely.
    Today I was out most of the day but after titivating the bathroom and cleaning the stairs I sorted some paperwork to do tomorrow and after I have tackled the living room I will do some desk work at the dining room table and sort out my actual desk, and carry on in the hall! Off to bed now.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

DH gone to work, kiddies still asleep and I'm having a cuppa listening to my beloved Radio 2. I need to stay in today to wait for a delivery for DH so apart from the school runs I'll be at home. Bathroom is going to be tackled today :D

Dizzy - that is a kind thing you have offered to do but please only do it as long as you're happy with it. I committed to a similar thing last year and after 6 months had to give my apologies, I could only cope with my 2 after school not a hyperactive third!

Right I'll slurp this cuppa and get dressed, will report back later xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. Super foggy here, so if it's like that with you, take care out and about.

I am working at job 2 today to make up for taking time out last week and this week coming to get DD to appointments. As it's my major (may be read as only?!) true flying day, I am not best pleased. But this week was always going to be chaotic, so I'm trying to chill with it. I won't, but what's new.

Washing has been shuffled already, and clean clothes returned to owners. Dinner is planned and defrosting. Iron pile is....non existent! Go me. Just finishing my porridge then I guess I will be doing a school run across country to avoid sitting in a queue for hours on end.

Catch you all later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport