Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• Willowtree222
    Options
    I miss being young and full of hope like I was at uni :o. It was a happy and exciting time in my life and I'm actually slightly jealous of DS3, but very pleased for him too.

But it's never too late to pursue the life of your dreams, so I must be positive and focus on my goals.

Nope, it is never too late x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm sitting down having a rest after mucking out DS3's pigsty! You wouldn't believe the dirt!

I cleaned the wall, skirting board and floor by his window and put his big chest of drawers back. Then I pulled out his bookcase and plastic chest of drawers and found a whole world of dirt behind there :eek:. His plastic chest of drawers is is all broken and cracked so I didn't bother to clean that. I need to find him a new one in the charity shop, hopefully solid wood as I like furniture that will last.

I've now cleaned the walls, skirting boards and floor in that corner of his room and put the furniture back. I found one of our kitchen knives in the plastic chest of drawers :mad:.

I feel quite tired now. I wish I had more physical energy, I feel such a light weight sometimes :o. I still need to clean the section behind his desk and swivel chair, but that's a job for another day as I'm all out of energy.

The sun has come out after a gloomy start, so the weather forecast got that wrong, they said it would be dark cloud all day :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I spent £6 in Mr M this morning on toilet roll, two loaves of bread, twelve eggs and four bars of soap. I only went in for toilet roll and soap :mad:. That should be the only spends today apart from £5 on Pilates.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Take it easy too. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news about DS3 :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh & enjoy the pilates :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Take it easy too. x

I try to :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news about DS3 :)

Yes :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh & enjoy the pilates :)

I did enjoy it :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All good news on DS3 then, one less thing to worry about. Glad to hear you still went to Pilates.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad DS3 is settled at uni. When I cleaned my DS's room after he left home, I poked a flat duster down the back of the radiator and all sorts fell out including a football programme from years before!

Pilates is great isn't it, I love going.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    All good news on DS3 then, one less thing to worry about. Glad to hear you still went to Pilates.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad DS3 is settled at uni. When I cleaned my DS's room after he left home, I poked a flat duster down the back of the radiator and all sorts fell out including a football programme from years before!

Pilates is great isn't it, I love going.

Thanks both. I didn't want to miss Pilates as I find it very calming and good for stretching out tense muscles. As it's just down the road I walk there and back too. This is my third session and I'm really enjoying it. I wish I could afford to go to the Wednesday class as well.

It's amazing what DS's have hidden in their rooms :eek:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure