Wrong phone sold!

Options
This is a weird one. I've been wanting a new and slightly better phone than the very basic one I've had for four years. Sim free. After much research online, I finally decided on a Samsung Galaxy J3. Took my old phone to my local exchange shop where sure enough they had the phone I wanted. Clearly labelled Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. I'm pretty dim at these things so I asked the guy in the shop to set it up for me.

Back home, it took me a while to get to know the basics of the phone and it wasn't until two days later that I realised I actually had a J5 not a J3. I gather this is a slightly better phone than the J3 but it's not the one I wanted, asked for and was given, so I'm not sure whether to be annoyed, surprised, suspucious, or all three. Actually I am annoyed as I've ordered a case to protect what I thought was a J3 and now presumably when it arrives it won't fit as the J5 is slightly bigger.

Not sure what to do! Any thoughts?

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2019 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Be grateful for your luck. No brainer.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    When the case arrives, just return it assuming bought on line & it does not fit
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • hareng
    hareng Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be thankful you didnt get the J3, i have barely anything on it and battery wont last a day.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The J3 is awful your lucky
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is a weird one. I've been wanting a new and slightly better phone than the very basic one I've had for four years. Sim free. After much research online, I finally decided on a Samsung Galaxy J3. Took my old phone to my local exchange shop where sure enough they had the phone I wanted. Clearly labelled Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. I'm pretty dim at these things so I asked the guy in the shop to set it up for me.

Back home, it took me a while to get to know the basics of the phone and it wasn't until two days later that I realised I actually had a J5 not a J3. I gather this is a slightly better phone than the J3 but it's not the one I wanted, asked for and was given, so I'm not sure whether to be annoyed, surprised, suspucious, or all three. Actually I am annoyed as I've ordered a case to protect what I thought was a J3 and now presumably when it arrives it won't fit as the J5 is slightly bigger.

Not sure what to do! Any thoughts?

You were lucky, it’s a better phone.
    ====
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used to have a J3 but the battery life is shocking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure