IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Leaving Car Park

Options

Comments

• mwalimu
    mwalimu Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for speedy & helpful response. "Action this Day"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 January 2019 at 7:21PM
    Options
    mwalimu wrote: »
    They say
    "We have enclosed a witness statement from our operative taken at the time of issuing the PCN abcd.
    I observed the driver parking, then leaving the site going in the direction of the town centre. It was a male driver with grey hair wearing a dark jacket, grey trousers and with a green rucksack.
    Parking Enforcement Operative ID Number abcd"

That description could be of anyone in the UK.
    It could even be me ?

But the operative did not take a picture of this average type person getting out of the car and walking off site

I could say that I saw you dropping litter but without proof, even the authorities would not do anything

But, you can ask this operative to appear in court as long as PP advise him that lying to a judge would be a serious offence and detrimental to PP

PP should give this one up .... we know PP keeps up to date with this forum

As PP are a parking company it would be very difficult to prove they are any different to their mates at UKPC who fake pictures

NO PROOF = JUST HERESAY
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the fact PP struggle on this forum, yet hang around. They even registered an 'employee' to reply officially to threads but gave that up when called out by regulars.

And that they (allegedly) crashed heavily when they tried a pm (maybe using that same official PP username?) to intimidate that poster before Christmas by citing his thread here like it was a crime!

LOL, hilarious and desperate.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mwalimu
    edited 11 January 2019 at 9:52PM
    Options
    First draft for your comments

PCN abcd abcber 2018

Popla Code: abcdefghij

The driver did not adhere to the terms and conditions of of using the car park by not remaining on site.

Premier Park did not put a PCN on the windscreen of Car Reg but sent it to me by post with two photos showing car Car Reg parked at abcd Retail Park in town with no one inside.

I then asked Premier Parking to send me all photos relevant to the case. They sent me none. My appeal was declined.

Subsequently I submitted a SAR to the DPO at Premier Park and asked them to send me all photos supporting their claim. Their response was to send me 19 sheets of paper in essence outlining the history of my claim and copies of their various policies. They included only further copies of the photos sent with their initial claim. No photos supporting their claim that an occupant of Car Reg left the car park were sent to me.

I submitted an appeal to POPLA who supplied me with a 25 page document including the evidence submitted by Premier Parking. In addition to the further copies of the photographs already received there was a verbal statement by Premier Parking's operative.

When a driver has infringed a road rule, such as being in the wrong traffic lane, any notice of the infringement and imposing a financial charge is always supported by corroborating photographic evidence. In the case of Premier Parking's PCN abcd there is only an unsupported verbal statement by Premier Parking's operative that the person described left the car & car park. As a minimum there must be corroboration in the form of photographic evidence of the person described
    in the car,
    getting out of/ and leaving the car
    leaving the controlled parking area.

As this is an evidence based appeals service and the operator , Premier Park, has provided no corroborating evidence I submit that there is no claim to answer.

abcd, Car Reg, location passim etc for confidentiality

Coupon-mad & Beamerguy
    Thanks for your help
    The reference to photos on PP's site shows only general ones taken over a couple of days in April 2018. Just a coincidence that conditions of use were modified in March 2018
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 January 2019 at 11:39PM
    Options
    That's not a PoPLA rebuttal. The first line reads as an admission that the driver was in the wrong.

You need to rebut each point that the scammers have made, one at a time, referring to each of their headings or paragraph numbers.

If you have something in your appeal that has not been rebutted then you say this and therefore it must be assumed that the scammers have accepted it to be true.

The scammers have not produced anything showing the site boundary either in there signage on site or in rebuttal to your appeal.

The scammers have not provided any contemporary evidence from the day of the alleged event, either photographic or written notes, therefore they have not provided any proof that any occupant of the car left the undefined site.

The scammers operative has provided a vague description of a random person with no proof they were an occupant of the car. This could have been written weeks after the alleged event. (No mention has been made regarding this alleged person's race, approximate age, clean shaven or otherwise, glasses or otherwise. The only distinguishing features alleged are male and grey hair, which doesn't definitively rule out the person actually being a woman.)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    None of your post rebuts the evidence, which is all you should be saying.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mwalimu
    Options
    Fruitcake & Coupon-mad
    Thank you for your helpful comments. The only "evidence" is the witness statement. Despite several requests no corroborating photos.
    And to cap it all the POPLA site now says
    Application error
    An application error has occurred and your request cannot be processed. Please accept our apologies and try again later.
    I will
    However I have only 1 hour PC time today.
  • Jueac
    Options
    Hi I got a horizon parking charge in December and had a second letter today now wanting £70 do I pay this or ignore it. They have all my details from Dvla without my permission. I’m worried as it’s going up and I live on disabled benefit. Should I pay it or not please help as don’t want debt collectors as they are threatening
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 January 2019 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Jueac wrote: »
    Hi I got a horizon parking charge in December and had a second letter today now wanting £70 do I pay this or ignore it. They have all my details from Dvla without my permission. I’m worried as it’s going up and I live on disabled benefit. Should I pay it or not please help as don’t want debt collectors as they are threatening

Please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the blue template from The Keeper that you will find there.

The NEWBIES tells you everything you need to know on how to deal with this unregulated scam.

Use the Forum Jump "GO" button in the top or bottom right of this page to find the page with the NEWBIES.

Start your own thread f you need further help.

The advice to ignore is not given on this forum, and has not been since the law changed in 2012.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jueac wrote: »
    Hi...
    Hi and welcome.

To get the best out of this forum you need to start by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are now caught up in.

Then if you still have questions you should start a new thread as trying to deal with the problems of more than one person on a single thread can only lead to confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure