PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tigsly wrote: »
    I was talking about the sofa in the kitchen!
    I see that now, as Mojisola pointed it out. I maybe didn't 'see' it before, because a friend has a sofa placed like that for her dogs.....(Yeah, I know! :o)
    As for 'head dissipation.. i boringly am interested.. :) Tell me more!
    Not sure about head dissipation, but you aren't supposed to have two full size ovens arranged next to each other like that or stacked, because more heat might be produced than the housing is designed to cope with. People do it, but a reputable fitter wouldn't.
  • tigsly
    tigsly Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That makes sense - i meant heat ( I type to fast.. sorry :o )
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Waffle_On wrote: »

If the interior is in that much of a time warp, I dread to think what state the flat roof is in. Is it in a really nice area? It seems a lot of money for a quite ugly house in Birmingham.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Waffle_On
    Options
    vivatifosi wrote: »
    If the interior is in that much of a time warp, I dread to think what state the flat roof is in. Is it in a really nice area? It seems a lot of money for a quite ugly house in Birmingham.

This is one of the most desirable areas in Brum, hence the pricetag.
    Shrinking my mortgage!
    Nov 13 £166,000

Jan 17 £142,900
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Waffle_On wrote: »

:j:j:j Is that the crackle chicken tiles in pic 10 :j:j:j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    vivatifosi wrote: »

Contrary to popular belief, there are some nice areas of Birmingham :rotfl:

Houses around Harborne ;)
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options

Houses around Harborne ;)

But they are lovely looking. The earlier one looks like it has been repeatedly hit with the ugly stick.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Contessa
    Contessa Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 8 February 2014 at 12:33AM
    Options
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Brum has many acres of green space and trees everywhere in the parts I know.

It also knows when to stop, so people can live in one of the cheaper areas and be in countryside within a few minutes.

I've not walked extensively in the countryside nearby, but when I have, it's been pretty quiet. I have a feeling many of Brum's inhabitants don't stray far, which is another plus from my POV. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business