Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options

Comments

• RichGit
    Options
    In the same situation BUT I received two emails from them in two days. The first gave my annual bill calculation as £936.78 and the next email stated the figure £717.96 !!!!
    I will go to OFGEM to state my complaint regarding the change to direct debit as I signed up for the 2 year fixed rate, paying an even monthly sum across the year. Yes I am in credit just as most of all folks posting here. I do not think this can be allowed by the regulator.
    I agree it looks like OFTM are having trouble with buying wholesale during the peak Winter months - this IS DEFINITELY an OFGEM job. I hope you all bring it to their attention too.
  • Milie
    Milie Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And also, in the last twelve comments, £1422 worth of credit is quoted. That’s just between six customers. It makes you realise what a little goldmine the credit is to them. I know interest rates are low but what are they making out of money which is basically being stolen from us?
  • Milie
    Milie Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They’re working late tonight. I received this at 22.43. Begins:

I would like to apologies that you have had to raise concerns with ourselves.

I appreciate your concerns with regards to your account being in a credit balance and I will pass this to our Credit control team to review your direct debit.

Although we appreciate that you may feel resistant at first as this is something new and innovative we must reassure you that you will certainly see positive benefits from paying this way to the usual way you’ve become used to. This new Direct Debit will keep your balance much steadier throughout the year and ensure that you do not have to request refunds of large amounts of credit but instead you are paying the relevant amounts based on when you are more of less user heavy.

We will leave this complaint open for 7 days for you to inform us if you are unhappy with our response. After this time it will be closed as resolved.

Kind Regards

Joella Wormleighton

Complaints Resolution Manager

Ends.

I think it defies all logic. However, my time on this earth is valuable to me and I shall not reply.
  • markharding557
    Options
    Judging by the posts on this thread, they are loosing customers aplenty.
    I think their time is numbered.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2018 at 8:27AM
    Options
    I really don’t know what to do for the best. Wait it out and see if they change their minds due to the mass outrage or switch to a higher, fixed rate with a reputable company before they start taking money I might not get back ?

And why hasn’t the energy club updated the status of OFTM in the comparison to warn potential new customers of their practace ?
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Judging by the posts on this thread, they are loosing customers aplenty.
    I think their time is numbered.

Check out the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Outfoxthemarket/

I had my 2nd reply from Joella Wormleighton at 00:23 last night. Judging by the content of the reply she actually read the E-mail.

I am on a fixed Tariff and from a we chat yesterday I have it in black and white that I can leave without any exit fees.

Don't forget lines open at 08:30 this morning so get on the phones and webchat as soon as the lines are open.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I really don’t know what to do for the best. Wait it out and see if they change their minds due to the mass outrage or switch to a higher, fixed rate with a reputable company before they start taking money I might not get back ?

And why hasn’t the energy club updated the status of OFTM in the comparison to warn potential new customers of their practace ?

Any credit balance is protected by the OFGEM safety net.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• DonalK
    Options
    Morning,

I had a reply from Joella too at 6:22am (long night for someone) - same content as Millie but without the paragraph that begins with Although.

Sounds like we're being triaged now - those that will leave, those that demand refunds, those that resign themselves to their lot etc etc. ... perhaps it's better to have fewer customers with higher profits and better cash flow ... undoing the curse of success etc.

I've replied it's insufficient a response - I've also pushed that email to the same email addresses I used for Ofgem, Ombudsman and MSE. When those folks begin their day I hope there'll be some questions asked ... either way I'm making my plans ... no one is taking me for a ride.
  • babe-ruth
    Options
    My reply from OTM to my moan about the DD increase -

"Thank you for your email. Although we appreciate that you may feel resistant at first as this is something new and innovative we must reassure you that you will certainly see positive benefits from paying this way to the usual way you've become used to. This new Direct Debit will keep your balance much steadier throughout the year and ensure that you do not have to request refunds of large amounts of credit but instead you are paying the relevant amounts based on when you are more of less user heavy"

I wouldn't mind if I was a heavy user in winter but it's mostly the same (I'm on electric only) throughout the year as I have LPG for heating and hot water
  • BedrockFred
    Options
    and let let take payments from my nearly £200 credit balance until that is used up then leave for another supplier?
    DD system was setup to keep payments equal throughout the year for them to double my DD in winter then reduce it in summer but only by £10 from my original DD is rediculous, the rep I spoke to even agreed I would build up a credit even in winter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure