Money Moral Dilemma: Should I spend my voucher twice?

Options

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,680 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you want to be honest or dishonest? Why do you need to ask other people about this completely obvious non-dilemma - in the hope enough people will encourage you in your grubby little cheat?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • fatal1955
    Options
    Just tell them that you didn't return it and that they have made a mistake. Let them decide about the voucher. If they allow it to stand because the mistake was theirs you're quids in; if they cancel it, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did the right thing.
  • meknowalot-51
    Options
    Own up,as others have said you know the right thing to do.You clearly have a concience and by doing this you'll feel a lot better.
  • keithyno.1
    Options
    If you spend the voucher twice, to my mind that's out and out stealing goods that don't belong to you, and would be no different to going into a branch of Tesco or Sainsburys or whoever and trying to smuggle items to the tune of £50 out under your coat without paying for them (a practise commonly known as 'shoplifting.')

But, if that's what you are i.e. a shoplifter, then go for it, because you've obviously no morals or respect for the law anyway!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tell them. They will probably let you spend the credit again anyway.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sure there'll be those who come on after saying it's immoral and thieving.

Well, it's both of those, so of course people are going to say so!
  • Zygaenidae
    Options
    If it were a small-medium business then I'd be hesitant but if it's for a massive company then I would use it again.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Zygaenidae wrote: »
    If it were a small-medium business then I'd be hesitant but if it's for a massive company then I would use it again.

You've joined this forum just to state publicly that you are dishonest?? Very odd.
  • gaving7095
    Options
    I know what I would do.
    The "correct" answer is, of course, don't - i.e. either simply don't use it or contact the store if you can be bothered.
  • brooza
    brooza Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You shouldn't use it. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure