PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 21st April 2019

Options
This is is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Good to hear from you yesterday Holly

Visiting mother again this morning,nothing else planned. Not sure if she knows I'm there.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

SO - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those looking after a poorly person x

DH and myself awake enjoying first cuppas, DS1 still in his pit. DS2 settled and ok.

Lunch yesterday was a meal out with wider family to celebrate dad's birthday - food I had was very nice, but there was mixed opinions about other dishes. Today DH and myself are going on a bit of a road trip, so that will be our day taken care of. Tomorrow we'll have a lazy day before going back to work on Tuesday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning and thanks SO for starting off.

It must be distressing for you visiting your Mum, wonder if it's possible that she senses/knows on some level.

It's sunny here, and set to warm up again. I spoke to eldest in Oz yesterday, and he laughed when I told him it was warm here, 21 degrees. They are in Autumn now, and it's still warmer than here.

Yesterday was a pottering day, just general stuff. Today we are going to Sycamore Gap on the Roman wall, and taking a picnic. Northumberland is beautiful, especially at this time of year.

Hope everyone has a peaceful; Easter Sunday.

Take care folks xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks SILVER OLDIE. So sad to hear of your DM's decline. Hope today is easier for you to cope with.

Another scorcher in store with wall to wall blue sky and sun - I could easily get used to this. I'm not a winter person.

I had a lovely afternoon/evening down at DS and DP's house. The bbq was lovely and her kids kept popping out when hunger called. DD had got the big paddling pool out at the caravan, which had attracted every child on site! Glad I had come home!

I should really make a start today on tidying the garden, both back and front, but my hips and knees are really giving me grief just now. So it might have to be 5 minutes at a time and I'll get there in the end!

I haven't been shopping since I came home but plenty in the cupboards and freezers so I'll survive. It's dairy and fruit that's in short supply till I get to the sm. I'll have a freezer rummage shortly and see what I can concoct today.

Have a lovely day everybody if you can and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely who want them. Special ((HUGS)) for SILVER-OLDIE, HOLLY, POPPY and TAFF xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Today to go then day off tomorrow thankfully. Am starting to see the effects now, have sunburn type stuff on me and bits are hurting. Feel better than most men though, apparently 35 sessions is the minimum for prostate cancer..
    On the plus side, stopped at the american style diner on the way back but was unfortunately too late fo pancakes and bacon, which I really want to try. I know I can make it myself but it's not the same is it? They have decked it out just like a diner too, I still enjoyed my burger and fries...
    OH and friend have done really well, making me an L shaped bed that is held in place by interlocking wood that's screwed on each end to the one below if that makes sense. They levelled off the wood, so the ground still slopes but my plan for that is to have another sizeable bed on the opposite side and the earth from levelling will fill that, but that's a job for another time when we have some more wood. I will be sandwiching my compost and ash in it tomorrow, and putting the celery out in it asap, along with some lettuce. I am very very pleased :)

SO, sorry about your mam, hope she's a bit perkier today. Gers, hope yours is doing well and you are enjoying your break. AOD, glad you're about. Holly, sleep away...is your brother being more atentive? Everyone seems to be out and about so happy sunny day to you all. Wotcha MIA's.
    Suddenly glorious Sunday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :)

Such a beautiful start to the day again :j Managed to work a little on my tan yesterday and its getting there :D Come the end of the week when the cold returns i will wonder why i bother ...anyway the B+Q paint chart from last year is back out ....currently tracking at Oatmeal I reckon :cool:

Had a burst of energy yesterday and jet washed the patios...had forgotten just how much of a filthy job it is although there is something deeply satisfying writing your name in the dirty stones :o

Today will be doing a bit of shrub slashing and a lot of book reading.

Planned to have a pork roast dinner today with all the trimmings but quite honestly I cant see me bothering in this weather. Think instead I will slow cook the pork and then could have BBQ pulled pork wraps tonight with a big salad

Thoughts with SO and hubby today.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Easter folks. I don’t post much but do read.
    SO - I believe that hearing is the last sense to go and I witnessed that with my dad. I will be thinking of you today x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, Happy ( Easter ) Sunday !
    Yeah ! the Easter Bunny came, although I have to share with Mr Fix It ( but not if I get there first :EasterBun :rotfl::rotfl:)

Busy day ahead keeping the hoards fed and watered :rotfl:. I still have to hide the eggs as I was too tired last night to do it :(. Nothing planned except cooking for today, but I shall work my way through my list...... yes I made one and I haven't lost it yet :rotfl:. It's pinned up in the kitchen and I shall cross things off as I go.
    Right better make a start on hiding those eggs or the DGC will never speak to me again !

SilverOldie many hugs coming your way.
    Thinking of those poorly people, those undergoing treatment or recovering and anyone struggling with daily life.
    Hugs to all and may the Easter Bunny visit everyone :easter_ba
    Take care

nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

My thoughts are with SO and her family, I am sure your Mum is still aware of what is going on and knows you there.
    It’s a warm, sunny day here, we’ve just enjoyed bacon butties and the Archers Omnibus will be on soon, like Nels I have a piece of pork belly to cook but am not liking the thought of a big roast type meal so will think about when I cook it.

Was wondering how Mehefin is and if his mare is any better, don’t think we’ve heard for a while?

Right, need to wash up before the programme starts, hugs to all going through difficult treatment or hard times at the moment, this too shall pass.

Have a good day folks x
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all. Lovely and sunny here. John is breakfasting on hot cross buns outside on the.patio. Tomorrow is the start of his sixth week post op so after that he can expect to be more active. He is already getting boted.

Nothing much planned for today. A little sitting in the garden and I may do a little weeding.

Hugs to all, especially SO.

Happy Easter everyone

Jane
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business