PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 21st April 2019

Options

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Another lovely day here :jwe have been so lucky with the weather this weekend, yesterday OH and I did the lawn front and back, he mows and strims and I edge them it looks nice out there for now.

I also filled the holes in the skirting in the loo so I need to rub that back today and give it a coat of paint, I filled a crack above the fire place as well and one around the light switch in the kitchen so will deal with those today.

BBQ for dinner tonight I think dd is coming over so will pull some veggi stuff out to cook as well.

Must say I am loving this extra long weekend we have got loads done and still been relaxing.

SO thinking of you xx

Have good days all xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I so agree with this. My brother stayed with my Mom overnight on the morning she died. He left when I got there. Mother hated the bright sunlight and although she was unconscious, the sun was in her face. If she had been conscious she would have been waving her arms and wincing at me because of the sunlight in her eyes so I adjusted the blinds. I sat down and held her hand and thanked her for waiting but told her it was ok to go now. Her finances were sorted (well they were last time I took charge of them), it was ok for her to leave to be with Dad and to tell my daughter I love her. She gave three gasps and she'd gone.

It was though I'd given her the green light to go. I'll never forget it, or understand it.

Beautiful story OL ...you gave me leaky eyes.

I was with dad the day he died too he was unconscious but I believed he was hanging on for us. I spent the day with him and waffled on about everything ...we even watched Sunday Brunch together on hospital tv as he loved it. The last tv programme he "saw" was food related he would like that. I also told him it was fine to go now and that I would take care of mum. After a full day with him and saying everything I wanted to say and more.. he slipped away that evening.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh I have leaky eyes too
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    And so have I. Some very touching stories there.

I was teary earlier for a different reason too. My neighbour with the fence that is no more came round with a bottle of Prosecco for me! He didn't want there to be any bad feeling between us. We then got talking, as you do, so all is back to normal now. He is on holiday this coming week and says he will be doing the new fence then. I also had a few words with the young couple who have bought next door at the other side. They have been busy busy with lots of drilling and banging going on. They are putting in a new kitchen and new bathroom and decorating throughout - oh to have their energy!

I have tackled some jobs outside at my sloth speed. Put the tubs to rights at the back, given a good sweep and stained the love bench with teak oil. The garden seat needs a sand down and then I will give that a coat too. The digging up of ivy roots can wait for another day.

Hope you are all managing to enjoy the sunshine xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,054 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon from a very hot and glorious Glasgow.

I took myself out for a walk around the block this morning, am avoiding the very hilly park even though it's right outside the front door. My achey hip needs to be moving more, I'm thinking of going for some physio on it, or at least get a physio to look at it.

DM sent me a list of things she wanted brought in and I found her fairly bright though tired. Telling her to expect tiredness after her ordeal and at her age had limited effect! Another friend is going in this afternoon so she'll enjoy talking to him.

When Glasgow has sunshine the place looks fabulous and the people all come out to enjoy it. A local saying is 'taps aff' meaning 'tops off'. There's certainly a load of pale white flesh around. I'll be looking out for the lobster look later on this week.

Thought to all those struggling, especially SO and her mum.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon chums and <<Hugs>> for those having a tough time at the moment it somehow seems worse when the sun is shining if you know what I mean I lost my wonderful husband during one of the hottest summers going in 2003 and when both my DDs and I came out of the hospital it seemed so wrong that the sun was shining and the world hadn't actually stopped, although at the time it felt that ours had.

I have just had a visit from an old friend and she had booked to go to Bath for a few days with her OH next month, and he has had a work trip come up to Australia, so she has given the short break to me to use up.

So if anyone is around the Bath area I would like idea on what I can do for several days around there. I shall be going from 6th -10th May Mon-Fri :) she is so kind, and just didn't want it to go to waste as she is going to go to Australia with her OH instead,bit sunnier there :), and she wouldn't take anything for it either bless her I will send her some flowers when she gets home I think.Place looks quite nice, and pretty comfortable. So I will be off on my travels again :)

The weather at the moment is gorgeous and `i am just about to go to my Dds I thinkits a BBQ later on.

Hope everyone is making the most of the sunshine,

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!

DD1 is cooking dinner, having it early as DD4 and family are coming over and they all go to bed early......looking forward to seeing the girls as they have all been away for a week, missed them.

Holly, Poppy,Taff and SO.....special hugs.

The army has landed, so will wish everybody an enjoyable and happy weekend.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackieO

David died on May the first - traditionally the workers day which would have made him smile. We were all with him all night and about noon one of my DDs said "they are serving fish and chips so we don't need sandwiches". Right then David slipped away thinking we we were otherwise engaged as they were discussing who wanted which sandwich etc.

Although we were all there he must have felt our attention was divided and it was safe to go. We spent all our time saying how much we loved him., how proud we were of him and how if was safe for him to go although we loved him so much.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jackie
    https://americanmuseum.org/
    There's a Kafe Fassett exhibition on there, I am going to go at some point, went to one a few years ago, took so many photos! They als have rooms madeup like St fagans does, and a lot of American quilts on show.
    If youre up for a dip in a pool there's a rooftop spa that you can see all of Bath from, there's usually a voucher for it on Groupon.
    https://visitbath.co.uk/listings/single/thermae-bath-spa1/
    And there's shopping, river trips, the cathedral, open air bus trips...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Taff, I was reading about your bed, I thought an L shaped bed was unusual, but still, we all have our funny little ways, then I read about levelling and the ground sloping, thought "what the h*ll" then realised it was a garden bed. Sorry to be such a fool.

Glad things are ok with your neighbour TA, nothing worse than tension between neighbours.

Gers, the lobster look is starting to become apparent here.

I was with my Mam when she passed away, and like others, was told that hearing is the last sense to go. Thoughts are with you SO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure