PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• martafdz
    martafdz Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    Options
    First shop of the month, £68.05 from MrM. I'll update shortly the sig.
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 March 2011 at 12:26AM
    Options
    M0neysav3r wrote: »
    ... I've a question for those who make their own bread - I got a morphy richards bread maker from freecycle which didn't come with instructions

I've had 2 breadmakers, prima and cookworks and they both needed ingredients putting in a particular order. I've borrowing my sons panasonic at the moment and that says yeast first, flour etc and then add the water last. The yeast needs to be kept dry until the machine starts mixing

try here for a manual - you'll need your model no. :)

and you might be interested in the Morphy Richards BM Club thread ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • life_in_termoil
    Options
    woop woop NSD!!! 1/10
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #982
    In 2012 I pledge to:- Save £1 a day, meal plan, be more organised, have NSDs, set myself a budget AND STICK TO IT, throw all loose change into Sealed Pot and not open it till 29th November.:money:
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy St Davids day to those who celebrate it...I did my bit my having lamb stew :p

I paid off ALL of debt today - such a good feeling! :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    M0neysav3r wrote: »
    Oh dear, another failure on the bread front :( It smelt nice whilst baking but when I tipped it out the bottom of the loaf was an inch thick of flour!! I've found the instructions online and like you say the water should go in first - I will try again tomorrow :o

the prima and cookworks bm's I had wanted the water in first like yours, but the panasonic instructions say water last - I was a bit worried about having a pile of flour left like you did, but it mixed ok ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • lizziebabe
    lizziebabe Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

A new month and a new challenge!

Thanks to those who run the thread :T

Please could you put me down for £180 please for March

as did quite well last month = still need to plan better,

Good Luck everyone ;)

• youngmummy
    youngmummy Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    hi all hope everyone is doing well. have updated my signature, cant remember how much i spent :o... as i updated it early this morning but it is the correct total, we are hoping to move nearer family asap so need to tighten our belt as much as possible. i really hope i come under budget at the end of the year so i have got my MSE hat on and im ready for action :money:. anyway im off too bed take care all xxx
    (#80 save 12k in 2015) aim £10,000
    make £10 a day in 2015 £261/£4000
    emergency fund aim £100/£1000
    £1 a day for xmas 2015 £0/£365
    NSD feb 0/16
    feb GC £0/£120
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I had to buy two bread rolls and a couple of slices of beef for sandwiches today.

Rolls x 2 @ 50c, Beef $1.80

Thats lunch for two people.

I need to start trying to make my own bread but its all baby steps for me, dont want to try and do too much at once as I will fail at them all lol

Pix
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Can you lovely people (who always succeed better than me!) please put me down for £380 for March?
    Everything seems to be getting out of control in this house, including the spending, & it's a real struggle to stay sane ATM! :( I know I hardly post, but I do lurk & must try harder when I see how much less than me others manage to spend!
    A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £13 something in Mr T's yesterday on bits and bobs - went in off list and paid for it!

I did get some bargain cheese for 45p and 50p reduced from £1.90 and £1.80 and a piece of fish for £1, 6 creme eggs for £1.25 in a box when 3 cost £1.25 on offer and a half price easter egg for £1.25. What else did I get? Oh yes 4 pack of napolina toms for £2 (love those and always buy on offer), some jumbo scampi for easy quick teas and a pack of reduced sausages. Can't remember what else. Anyway I'm staying out of the shops for the next 2 days to get some NSDs in
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills