Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Was going to go to the candle lighting at Tower of London, but when we got there the weather was so bad, the area was overcrowded and they kept shutting the tube station for safety. So we decided to come home. I don't mind as we'd had a nice day walking along the south bank, but it was a shame not to see the candles.

That is a shame :( we have had some really heavy showers today
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have had an extra month and a fiver off them, but again last night was promised today without fail, guess what still not here! On the actual order it now says Tuesday!

Go to amazon customer services chat and tell them this - they gave me £5 credit last night. This morning it now gives a new delivery date and says to contact the seller if nothing has arrived by Thursday.
    I went onto chat again this morning as I'd had no update email and they gave me another £3 credit.
    Thursday will come and go ...
    My Amazon prime expires in December so I could do with some extra months
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have had an extra month and a fiver off them, but again last night was promised today without fail, guess what still not here! On the actual order it now says Tuesday!

Go to amazon customer services chat and tell them this - they gave me £5 credit last night. This morning it now gives a new delivery date and says to contact the seller if nothing has arrived by Thursday.
    I went onto chat again this morning as I'd had no update email and they gave me another £3 credit.
    Thursday will come and go ...
    My Amazon prime expires in December so I could do with some extra months
    I am already on chat, he is just investigating:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning. Another 20 for us on Q today.

Maybe see you in Sainsburys today TM, preparing for double-up (my vouchers still have not replied, there will be an email sent if they do not arrive today as I have taken monday as a holiday to spend them)..

Excellent news HG, bet you slept well last night.

Have you got your vouchers yet elaine?

I couldn't face the queues in S to get points exchanged:o

However we did get some diesel and received a tillspit for 480 points if you spend £8 on chicken. This would take me up to the next voucher amount but I really don't need any more chicken:o I feel I'm getting sucked into overspending when I really am trying my best to get the stash down.

I've made another Christmas cake today and I was relieved to get rid of dried fruit and flour which was out of date.

I've actually been restocking the kitchen tins and jars which has reduced the pasta, stock cubes and tin stuff:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    New Lidl moments mag out with a £5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies, etc.

No mags for me Iz the bizz:o

I made it to Marksies too. My massive birthday order arrived today and I returned shoes and boots. The queues in there were horrendous too.

I used the £2 off wys £12 on meat to buy a beef joint for tomorrow. Reductions would have been great but I couldn't wait. Loads and loads of burgers, sausages and mince already at first reductions early afternoon despite initially being at half price
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 9:30PM
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T :eek:
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first £10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to £10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at £7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to £25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had £10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the £5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a £35 parking ticket :(

I had a similar experience - £10 authorised, pump stopped at £9.15 and died - cashier said his system showed £9.07 :huh:. He took pity on me and gave me £1 of fuel :). He wasn't sure why it stopped but from what you say the pre-authorisation limit seems to be kicking in with a margin to prevent overspending.

I just checked and I have had an email through from PayPal - promo voucher taken off and charged £4.15 :D. Which suggests the voucher may be kicking in on the pre authorisation amount, not the amount spent ...?

Diesel was 137.9 a litre - about 10p a litre more than supermarkets :mad:.

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Morning TM, we tried to over winter geraniums one year and all we got the next was lush greenery no flowers, having said that we are no gardeners so maybe did it wrong 😂
    Hi TM

I overwinter mine under the bench in the Greenhouse...Cover them over with fleece or straw, keep them moist but not wet...As long as you keep the frost off them they will come through the winter....When they start to grow, take cuttings so that you get good vigorous growth and I would say it is best to discard the old roots....It was an amazing year for Geraniums...Mine are still flowering in the green house...They gave loads of seeds, some of which germinated around the plant....I have potted these up and brought them into the house...Hopefully they will be ultra early next year...I have also kept loads of the seeds to propogate next spring...:eek:...That is surprisingly not far away....It really has been an exceptional year but, it was far to dry for most plants..:D

Thanks both of you:)

I think I'm going to bring them inside this year. They didn't survive the terrible winter we had last year. The greenhouse was too cold and damp I think. The end room is unbeaten and it's bright and I think they might like it there. Thanks for the tip on taking cuttings marmie:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • SweetnSavvy
    Options
    Ive been looking at the “Braun Silk Epilator Face Cleanser SE810” which is half price in S and I’m thinking also in the double up.

The reviews on Amazon are very mixed and I wondered if anyone here had any experience of this. Thanks in advance.

SnS
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Yes I agree.

Just measured a walnut whip , one in a 3 pack , one and a half inches high :eek no chance of getting fat on them nowadays , also minus the walnuts.

It's not even a walnut whip..

Without a walnut it's just a whip:o

:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your latest misadventure JTS:o

I hope you've got yourself sorted out as the days has gone on:A

I'm amazed this doesn't happen in our bedroom more often. Mr TM pedals for England and I keep falling off kerbs or even over cliffs.:rotfl:

Thinking of you:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business