Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning. Some of my vouchers arrived yesterday, unsure why they were not all in the envelope.

I also restocked all my tins & jars last sunday & cleaned out the cupboards. I have a little label machine so they are all nicely labelled as well. Once I filled them up the cupboard was much emptier as it has all the packets and lots of empty jars.

At the minute I wander into a shop out of habit then walk back out again. The only £ I spent yesterday was to top my Asda gift card up to get the bonus & in Heron on cheap yogurts. The big pots were 2 for £1. I might go for woopsies today as need some salad bits and hopefully some potatoes.

I have never done the small shops before. Can you only visit each shop once? I like the sound of the butchers so may take part this year.

The butchers, farm shops and deli shops are the best ones - all the nice little bits of treats for Christmas :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Kettle's on for those wanting a cuppa before heading out to Remembrance events. Lest we forget.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    Good morning shopmates. :wave:

Thank you for all your kind comments :A

I'm sure I typed "eye" and not "ear" :o

No mishaps last night - though I have moved the bedside table further away from the bed, so I have a clear landing area :)

OH and DD want me to go to hospital to get my head checked over - but I've had enough of hospitals :(

Hope everyone who is participating is ready for the S double-up starting tomorrow.

I want to make a rather expensive purchase ( not in S) but sitting on my hands until Black Friday - just in case.

Special mention for Remembrance Day :A
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey y'all, QC answers:

Glossybox
    Grow Gorgeous

Thanks! PDE's for me again :rotfl::rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    I have a friend going through the two week wait :(

So pleased the outcome was good for you hornetgirl :j :j
    Hope it's good for your friend too (((x)))

Morning all :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :D
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: :D
    Cheeky DM:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    poppy.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Morning all :D

Cheeky DM:p

Good morning Bubbles:p
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    I changed up vouchers in s yesterday but not sure how to spend them, I am assuming from what I was told I can spend £50 on anything covered by the vouchers and then use them 50 at a time. I would have thought that you could use them altogether. Other cashiers had no idea either. Might venture out and get some more changed up today if I can be bothered its an hour round trip to my nearest!!
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning.....Its a bit wet this morning....Heading into the village this morning for Rememberance service....

Hope everyone has good days...:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure