My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    Well my lack of motivation this month has cost me and I've had to transfer £100 from my emergency fund into my bank account to last me until payday,all my bills bar my mobile are paid so this is for food and any meds I have to pay for,Im not going riding this month as I just can't afford it,I'm spending my time either working,babysitting or crafting and I'm trying really hard not to panic
    I'm really tired at the moment as work is busy but I just have to get Friday at work over with and I've got a week off with a trip to work on Wednesday for a study day,I'm not dealing with my finances until Monday when I'm off and have time to think,I'm going to redo my budget and call SC to tell them I need to reduce my payments as the current payment is just not feasible at the moment
    I know paying off my debt is a high priority but I also need to live and I also need to save money in case anything major goes wrong,I'm giving myself another month and if I can't make it work I am increasing my hours back up to what they were before
    It's not good me working less if I'm getting so stressed out that I'm worried all the time,I just need a bit of breathing space to sort things out then hopefully will be back on track
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Gilli1976 wrote: »
    Hi. Sorry to ask but how do I start my first post on here? Ty x
    At the top of this page is a link to the board, (Main site > Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Debt Free Diaries) so if you click on there it will take you to a page with a 'New thread' button which I think is in pink at the upper left. Click on that and you have a ready-made box to write in (don't forget to fill in the title of your thread too)
    Hope that helps! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    At the top of this page is a link to the board, (Main site > Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Debt Free Diaries) so if you click on there it will take you to a page with a 'New thread' button which I think is in pink at the upper left. Click on that and you have a ready-made box to write in (don't forget to fill in the title of your thread too)
    Hope that helps! :)
    Thought I was going bonkers then, I was thinking why is she giving me instructions on how to post,then noticed the post asking for instructions :rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Gilli1976 wrote: »
    Hi. Sorry to ask but how do I start my first post on here? Ty x
    Hi sorry I didn't see your post,I hope,you don't think I was ignoring you,Cherry fudge has answered so hopefully we will see you posting soon :)x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    It's a miserable soggy day here today,I had to go out this morning to post some bits for DD so got a bit wet.i have spent the rest of the day at home pottering about,I've just cleaned the chickens out and topped up their food and water so I won't have to do it in the morning before work
    I've taken the dog out even though she wasn't keen in the rain,she hates wearing her coat but also hates getting wet so rock and a hard place for her :eek:
    I've just chopped up some carrots,swede, potatoes and an onion to roast for tea to have with green beans and a nut roast,I'm hoping to have roast parsnip as well but they aren't mine so I have to wait for DD to text me to say if I can pinch one,I can't remember if they are earmarked for a recipe or not :)
    We have been watching bake off over the last few weeks and this week because the theme was vegan baking I had a go at making vegan chocolate brownies for us to munch on while watching
    ,I've never made brownies before and I was quite impressed with how they turned out,they don't keep well though as they dried out a bit but that was soon resolved by bunging one in the microwave......soooooo yummy:T
    This weeks crafting acitivitis have included knitting a small throw to go on one of the beds in the dolls house and sewing some more of my cross stitch,I was looking for something in my craft desk the other day and found some Xmas decoration kits I bought ages ago and still haven't made so I will be doing those soon too,now the weather is getting more autumnal I feel more like being indoors crafting instead of outside in the wind and rain
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely to hear you are using up your craft stuff, OBL. I've really enjoyed making inroads into my big yarn stash over the last couple of years. My current project is a big chunky pair of hiking socks for mr f. Even though I'm using a mixture of leftover aran & chunky, they seem to be coming out nicely. He likes them, anyway.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Lovely to hear you are using up your craft stuff, OBL. I've really enjoyed making inroads into my big yarn stash over the last couple of years. My current project is a big chunky pair of hiking socks for mr f. Even though I'm using a mixture of leftover aran & chunky, they seem to be coming out nicely. He likes them, anyway.
    F x
    I'm liking the sound of those socks,I have a yearning to knit myself some socks but I'm waiting for my DD to show me the shaping for the heels and toes ,ive never knitted socks before so havent a clue what I'm doing,I'm trying really hard not to buy any craft goodies until I have finished everything I already have ........it's really hard though :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another one here got craft things out. I am doing g a few Christmas cards for the family. It is something to keep me occupied on the dark nights.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Today got off to a dodgy start when I nearly overslept,luckily DD was awake and woke me up.i totally forgot to set my alarm,I had an awful nightmare last night so didn't get a good nights sleep, I tend to have nightmares if I'm stressed out so this is not a good sign,Im already worrying about going to bed tonight in case it happens again,it was so horrible I woke myself up by crying out and slapping at my duvet,I was so relieved when i woke up
    I also have a patch of excema that has flared up on the inside of my elbow,again this is a stress response, I need to chill out and try to stop thinking too much about money and the lack of it,I can't sort anything out until Monday anyway so there's no point,I wish my body would realise this though
    Work was busy today but I was on an early so got to finish at 3.30,it was lovely leaving early knowing that I now have a week off
    The weather here today has been awful,just pouring with rain and so windy,outr nearest seafront is floodedand one of the coastal train lines was battered by the sea all day,we were going to take the dog to the beach this weekend but we won't be able to now,I was looking forward to it as we can't take her on there in the summer becasue dogs are banned,this is the first week we can go back so it's a shame for her as she loves it,never mind we have got all of winter to go to the beach so will try and make up for it later
    Tonight I was going to do some sewing but I'm too tired and when I'm tired I make mistakes so I'm going to be patient and wait until tomorrow,I'm hoping to make lots of progress with it this week especially if the weather stays like this
    I love those rainy windy days where you don't have to go out and can stay in in the warm doing something creative
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Another one here got craft things out. I am doing g a few Christmas cards for the family. It is something to keep me occupied on the dark nights.
    I love dark nights spent indoors doing crafty things,I have some felt Xmas decorations that need to be made so I might make a start on them this week as well,they won't take very long and they have been in my desk drawer for ages
    I'm also thinking I work my way through my craft stash it will stop me spending money on things I don't need hopefully:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback