Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully they'll apologise by giving you another gift card for a reasonable amount. Wonder what would have happened if you hadn't had your credit card with you!
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :)

Thank goodness you had the emergency card. What would've happened if you hadn't - you can't put diesel back?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm not wise with words or sure how to make you feel better. Echo the others though.

Take care of yourself too
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well Tesco basically said tough. A little bit more flowery than that but the bottom line was, get on with it. No offer of any kind of recompense. Totally different to the makers of WW wraps the other day who had much nicer customer service.

Mum came round as she’s been on holiday. She saves her change in a pot for the boys rather than giving them pocket money, and she’d brought it over with her. There was almost £45! DS2 helped me count it, DS1 was nowhere to be seen. DS2 suggested we tell DS1 that there was £10 each, and then send the other £25 to Santa :A. He’s such a sweet boy.

Today has been a NSD :j.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I'm not wise with words or sure how to make you feel better. Echo the others though.

Take care of yourself too
    x

Cross posted Wannabe.

Thank you :A Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your DS2 sounds so sweet :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You're like me with two very different children. Although your DS1 has been possessed by hormones and will probably emerge as a much nicer young man eventually xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just catching up with the past few days PLMBL.

How annoying that you can't use the gift card for petrol, I would have never known that.

How cute is your DS2 for saying that :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Not sure why I haven’t been on for a few days :think::think::think:.

Haven’t heard from DWP re decision yet. Saw DH’s Epilepsy Consultant on Monday though, and we are keeping the meds as they are for now, unless the weirdness of a couple of weeks ago returns. He offered a new drug, but it has a bad impact on mood, and DH already has bad moods so we weren’t keen. Something to think about in future though.

DS2 has been off school for a couple of days after being sick on Monday night. He’s been absolutely fine since, but school have a 48 hour rule so he wasn’t allowed back until today. We went Halloween decoration shopping yesterday at Poundland and B&M which he loved.

Cheque from Populus arrived as I hit £50 payout limit :T. Have got lots of things listed on eBay at the moment too as DH has had a clear out. Fingers crossed they make lots of money for Christmas.

Got over my huff with Mr T and did some shopping with them today, as they have some toys reduced that are on DS2’s Christmas list. Between those bargains and a bit of food shopping I spent over £60 so got the 10p off a litre of fuel coupon. That saved me £2.20 on diesel :D. I also used the coupon in the Mr T magazine for a free 6 pack of W@lkers baked crisps, so feel I have been recompensed a little for the fiasco last week :rotfl:.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    Pass the crisps:p xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback