PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The bathroom, esp the sink got to be seen pic 8!

Alwoodley is the most uber posh area of Leeds.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Wonder what this is like inside?

No photos, complete refurbishment required.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/31943076

The mind boggles, as it cant be that old.

Repossession and the vendor has deliberately stripped the place perhaps?
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options

Looks like built 2005/6/7 so someone bought at the top of the market and now in negative equity by many thousands.

I think it must have been destroyed internally.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Yep, you can see the repo notice in the window.
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wonder what this is like inside?

No photos, complete refurbishment required.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/31943076

Wow, the bedrooms are really narrow. One of them is only 5'9" wide. :eek:

I've heard that new builds are tiny, but are those sizes pretty normal? I've only ever lived in old houses and average bedroom sizes were about 12'x 13'.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Looks like built 2005/6/7 so someone bought at the top of the market and now in negative equity by many thousands.

I think it must have been destroyed internally.
    Sold in May 2006 for £139,500 - no other sales.
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

It's very dinky. Don't think I'd fancy using the loo in the middle of winter though!

You might be able to fit a shower and loo on the landing area though, or extend out the back.

If I was single and looking for a studio flat, I'd be tempted by this.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 25 March 2014 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Yep, you can see the repo notice in the window.

Okays...being in questioning mode at the moment. Can anyone explain to me why some people deliberately wreck a house that is being repossessed from them please?

I would have thought that the more "wrecked" a place is then the lower price it will fetch and the greater the amount of money the person who has been repossessed will owe the mortgage company and have to pay back at some point.

So why do so when you are going to owe all the more as a consequence? Do the wreckers think its the mortgage company's fault they have been repossessed AND not realise they will still be liable for any shortfall and, as a consequence, they're out to "wreak vengeance" and don't realise that will be costing THEM personally money at some point? Apologies for naïve question...but I've often wondered...
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    Okays...being in questioning mode at the moment. Can anyone explain to me why some people deliberately wreck a house that is being repossessed from them please?

I would have thought that the more "wrecked" a place is then the lower price it will fetch and the greater the amount of money the person who has been repossessed will owe the mortgage company and have to pay back at some point.

So why do so when you are going to owe all the more as a consequence? Do the wreckers think its the mortgage company's fault they have been repossessed AND not realise they will still be liable for any shortfall and, as a consequence, they're out to "wreak vengeance" and don't realise that will be costing THEM personally money at some point? Apologies for naïve question...but I've often wondered...

If the owners intend petitioning for bankruptcy then when the property is sold the shortfall will fall into the bankruptcy and they won't have to pay it. Or the other situation is that they haven't thought it through and are so p****d of with the mortgage company that they will do anything to spite them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure