LloydsTSB Vantage Account - too good to be true?

Options

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i would have thought it would have had to be in the account for at least 24 hours

another question... what happens if you got more than 7k in the account? do you get any interest on the amount above the 7k?

Anything over £7,000 gets 0.10% interest.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Anything over £7,000 gets 0.10% interest.

great thanks for letting me know:T
    Work to live= not live to work
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    i would have thought it would have had to be in the account for at least 24 hours
    No instant in and out again is fine - I've done it manually for the last couple of months - just moving £1000 between 6 accounts and back to the beginning in a single session.
    Will set up SOs from next month.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    D1zzy wrote: »
    No instant in and out again is fine - I've done it manually for the last couple of months - just moving £1000 between 6 accounts and back to the beginning in a single session.
    Will set up SOs from next month.

thanks for clarifying, do you have 6 vantage accounts? or do you mean you have 6 bank aco!!!!s including the Halifax ones
    Work to live= not live to work
  • D1zzy
    Options
    6 vantage accounts - think I need 1 more....
    Just went into the bank and asked them to set-up 6 - took 10 mins and I was able to put money in online by the time I got home.
  • lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just upgraded online, and it said :

To get the most from your Classic account with Vantage you need to register for some of the benefits. Full registration details and full terms and conditions can be found in your Classic welcome pack.

Does anyone whos already applied know what I will 'miss out' on if I dont 'register'? and as ive upgraded, im not likely to get the 'welcome' pack with the deatils.

Thanks
  • D1zzy
    Options
    I'm sure you will be OK - I think registering will just mean you get the classic benefits, mobile phone insurance etc.(can't remember any of the others - but it will tell you on line)

I am not aware that I "registered" for any of mine.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Does the 1k have to come from an external source or could you have 7k in several of them and just cycle the 1k around internally (even it if means it goes to 8k for the time it takes to transfer in and out again)?
  • MumOf2
    MumOf2 Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KTF - I'm sure with this one you have to fund it externally, but I'm sure someone else can confirm this or advise differently.

MumOf2
    MumOf4
    Quit Date: 20th November 2009, 7pm

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If it has to be from an external source then will use the accounts as a stopping off point on the way to Halifax to collect the fivers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure