We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LloydsTSB Vantage Account - too good to be true?

1…34689…35

Comments

  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I've upgraded my Classic account to Classic with Vantage. It says I will get a letter. I can't find any T&C's (maybe I could have printed some off when I did the upgrade). Online the acount changed name straight away. In that case, can I go right ahead and pay my £1000+ in now or will I have to wait for the letter for any reason, or do anything else?
    Thanks
  • mm79_2
    mm79_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Nope - you're good to go! Just remember you need to keep between 5k and 7k to get the 4% interest. Enjoy!
  • Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    It is worth mentioning the drip feeding opportunity into the 5% regular saver.

    Every little helps...:beer:
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mm79 wrote: »
    Nope - you're good to go! Just remember you need to keep between 5k and 7k to get the 4% interest. Enjoy!
    As I mentioned I upgraded on 10 June to Classic with Vantage. I don't have the letter yet it said I'd get. Perhaps I'll have the answer then but meantime:
    The requirement to pay in >£1000/month, is there a regular date that this should be done? Or is it sufficient that the >£1000 goes in sometime in a calendar month, say? I have paid £2000 in to get the balance up to £5000+ already.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,573
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    As I mentioned I upgraded on 10 June to Classic with Vantage. I don't have the letter yet it said I'd get. Perhaps I'll have the answer then but meantime:
    The requirement to pay in >£1000/month, is there a regular date that this should be done? Or is it sufficient that the >£1000 goes in sometime in a calendar month, say? I have paid £2000 in to get the balance up to £5000+ already.

    It doesn't matter which date it goes in, as long as the account receives £1,000 during the month.
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2009 at 9:28AM
    10_66 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter which date it goes in, as long as the account receives £1,000 during the month.
    Remember it has only to "pass through" the account -it can go in and out immediately if you wish,
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Some respondents in this thread claim to have more than one Vantage account. I went online to apply for another and you have to be able to confirmm that you don't have an existing current account with LTSB. Obviously I have, so how do these people get more than one account?:confused:
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,573
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Some respondents in this thread claim to have more than one Vantage account. I went online to apply for another and you have to be able to confirmm that you don't have an existing current account with LTSB. Obviously I have, so how do these people get more than one account?:confused:

    You can either ring them on 0800 015 4000 and they'll open more over the phone, or go into a branch.
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    I just went into a branch and asked for 6
    last week I went back and asked for another so now have 7
    There was no problem

    (I already had a joint current gold account - which is free so have not added vantage to that 1)
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,573
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Does anyone know what applying for multiples of these does to your credit rating? Husband has applied for 4 current accounts within the last 6 months (3 x Halifax Reward - only got 2, and another current account elsewhere), so if opening these would have an adverse affect, he might need to pass on it.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.