I Satellite Services

Options
Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 27 July 2019 at 7:23PM in TV MoneySaving
Afternoon all,

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum, I am still very new to this and this is only my second post.

We received a telephone call from a mobile number; it was a young girl claiming to be from some company called "I Satellite Services". Apparently it is all to do with nuisance calls and them supposedly preventing us from receiving any.

All the best,

Lee :beer:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Absolute scam, you should never have even called them back. Ignore all future correspondence.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2019 at 5:17PM
    Options
    How did you cancel the original contract with the nuisance call 'preventer' (which sounds like a scam operation itself, since TPO offers the same service for free)? Cancelling the DD does not end the contract.
    This company does exist, but offers Sky box/and TV breakdown cover. No mention of nuisance call prevention.
    http://i-satelliteservices.co.uk/our_prices.html
    The price you were quoted is a year's sub for TV and Sky box cover: are you sure your parents didn't take this out?
    If so, it's a complete waste of money.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 July 2019 at 7:25PM
    Options
    Thank you Colin,

All the best.
  • macman
    edited 10 April 2019 at 5:32PM
    Options
    Oh dear. So you've now told your bank that you've had 3 fraudulent transactions made on your account, which you in fact made yourself. You might have some explaining to do to them about that.
    Why would you give out info about your bank account security to a random caller called 'Amanda'?
    To have bailiffs arrive, you first need to have a summons and a CCJ against you by the court, and even then they have no right to force entry, only if you allow them in.. If your father did contract to this cover, and did owe the money, then the debt is owed by his estate: not by you or your mother.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 April 2019 at 5:33PM
    Options
    There is a lot of this kind of thing about - both outright scams and legitimate companies with aggressive sales forces/techniques.

In the first instance, it's important to be clear about what goods/services the Company believes have been requested and supplied, and no legitimate company would quibble about providing that info, once you have consent from your relative to speak for them.

@OP: I have removed your name from your opening post. Please let me know if you want any other details removed.
  • macman
    Options
    I suspect that this company is not a scam. i.e. it does exist, but what they are selling, and their alleged method of operating, is clearly unacceptable.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I suspect that this company is not a scam. i.e. it does exist, but what they are selling, and their alleged method of operating, is clearly unacceptable.

It does sound that way.

There definitely are over-priced and mis-sold products targeting the elderly.
  • macman
    edited 10 April 2019 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Company is overdue with it's accounts and a striking-off order was recently discontinued for a second time..
    The sole director, one Danny Hayes, had a previous company struck off in September 2018.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/PzIwUFsu2BG9wKMEXk4zj1vKwlk/appointments
    This doesn't fill me with confidence...
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LeeAdams wrote: »
    She gave me the number - 0845 300 8025
    Offering any number starting 084, 087 or 09 for customer service or after-sales contact has been illegal since 13 June 2014.

That was another red flag.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure