Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lornao1
    • By lornao1 17th Apr 19, 5:26 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 11Thanks
    lornao1
    PPI and gladstone Brookes
    • 17th Apr 19, 5:26 PM
    PPI and gladstone Brookes 17th Apr 19 at 5:26 PM
    Afternoon,
    In 2016 I contacted GB to assist with a PPI claim against Barclaycard. It came back that there was no PPI on the account.

I have just received a letter from Barclay card stating
    "As part of our continuous improvement activity within PPI, we have identified that in a small proportion of enquiries, we gave incorrect responses. I am sorry to inform you this meant that you received an incorrect response for your Barclaycard Master advising we were unable to find a PPI policy. Following a further review, I have now identified that there was a PPI policy on this account and raised a complaint on your behalf."

As the original enquiry showed no PPI GB closed the case, but are now asking for a percentage. I have no longer got any of the original paperwork and I cannot get onto GB website as it does not recognise my email address??

So my question is do I need to pay GB a percentage ?
Page 2
    • swanny65
    • By swanny65 18th May 19, 10:17 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    swanny65
    I have just received a Final Decision Letter from GB stating that because of the "Passage of time" they are going to waive their fee.

I would like to thank everyone for their help.
    Originally posted by lornao1
    Well done. I am emailing GB my request for a refund today. Fingers crossed.

The letter GB sent with the second refund states "If your bank revisits your offer in future and increases your redress. we will be entitled to our fees on the additional amount." Not even may be entitled, will be entitled.

I have asked GB to explain:

• The reason why the second invoice was issued.
    • The reason why GB did not comply with the guidance issued in the Claims Management Regulations Business Bulletin No.23 (August 2014).
    • The details of the additional work undertaken to secure the additional redress from Barclaycard, the reason(s) why I was not asked to sign a second contract and the reason(s) why I was not periodically updated during the 33 months between June 2016 and March 2019.
    • Whether the person(s) who issued the second invoice and email has committed a criminal offence under section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.
    • The reason why Gladstone Brookes failed to identify and advise me during the initial claim settlement process that the offer made to me from Barclaycard was incorrect or inappropriate.

May be a bit OTT but it covers the points in the Claims Management Regulations Business Bulletin No.23. (Thanks Dunstonh)

Keep you posted.
    Last edited by swanny65; 18-05-2019 at 12:32 PM. Reason: more detail added
    • swanny65
    • By swanny65 21st May 19, 9:32 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    swanny65
    Complaint acknowledged by GB by email yesterday (Monday) and further letter of acknowledgement received today (Tuesday) - with a copy of the Claims Management Ombudsman Complaints Procedure.

Fast response
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 21st May 19, 10:39 PM
    • 23,852 Posts
    • 13,220 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Complaint acknowledged by GB by email yesterday (Monday) and further letter of acknowledgement received today (Tuesday) - with a copy of the Claims Management Ombudsman Complaints Procedure.

Fast response
    Originally posted by swanny65
    No surprise there. Claims Management Companies are (belatedly) now fully regulated. As with Banks, they now have eight weeks to consider your complaint after which you can refer it to the Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied with their response..
    • swanny65
    • By swanny65 24th May 19, 1:44 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    swanny65
    Success.

Letter arrived today and refund of fees to be made as a gesture of GB good will. Canít say I agree with their explanation of the facts but that doesnít really matter......

Got to jump through a hoop - send GB a bank statement with fees debit and they will refund to that same account.

Many many thanks
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 24th May 19, 2:37 PM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 66,999 Thanks
    dunstonh
    They dont really have a leg to stand on when the Ministry of Justice made it so clear. Hopefully, others will see this and do the same.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

65Posts Today

3,268Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin