edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
24 replies 4.6K views
13»

Replies

• swanny65swanny65 Forumite
    318 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Complaint acknowledged by GB by email yesterday (Monday) and further letter of acknowledgement received today (Tuesday) - with a copy of the Claims Management Ombudsman Complaints Procedure.

Fast response :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    swanny65 wrote: »
    Complaint acknowledged by GB by email yesterday (Monday) and further letter of acknowledgement received today (Tuesday) - with a copy of the Claims Management Ombudsman Complaints Procedure.

Fast response :)
    No surprise there. Claims Management Companies are (belatedly) now fully regulated. As with Banks, they now have eight weeks to consider your complaint after which you can refer it to the Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied with their response..
  • swanny65swanny65 Forumite
    318 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Success. :):):)

Letter arrived today and refund of fees to be made as a gesture of GB good will. Can’t say I agree with their explanation of the facts but that doesn’t really matter......

Got to jump through a hoop - send GB a bank statement with fees debit and they will refund to that same account.

Many many thanks
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    102.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont really have a leg to stand on when the Ministry of Justice made it so clear. Hopefully, others will see this and do the same.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.