PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Morning.

Gig was good, but travelling in the heat with no food all day, followed by lots of standing up (well, mainly using the front barrier to support myself surrounded by hundreds of other people who should know better at their age all crowding in and trying to get to the front) and half the rail network being deliberately screwed up by line and track closures meant it took far longer to get home than it should have done. I was exhausted, hurting and shaky by the time we got back.

Have emptied the kitchen counter of all junk and thought about doing some washing up (Himself didn't sleep due to being a bit hyper after seeing his favourite band in the world, so he's now snoring away) but in reality, I CBA.

I think another cuppa, bung a washload on and then some repotting of seedlings whilst the back garden is still shady is in order. If and when he wakes up, he can do the washing up.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Froddy; it sounds like you've done mega-Flying at your Mum's; I hope the GP can help.

Off-Liste this week; I'm only here til Thursday in any case, then we're away for 10 days. Scrimpers will sort of be on hold - but the idea is to not spend any more than I have allocated for the holiday (we have our Euros already and I have divided them up into daily allowance packets).

Today I am washing every curtain in the bungalow.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kitchen sink shined, things tidied, shopping done and laundry folded. Not doing much else today, either.
    Better is good enough.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    42 miles cycled in the blazing sunshine. Shattered now. A tea and cake stop half way around was very welcome and the cafe kindly filled our water bottles.

Didnt go to the meeting at work. It wasnt compulsory and a BBQ and wine in the garden was more appealing. Stuff work for once.

Helping DS with some college work now. Dont think any of us will be late to bed, feeling all warm and happy after a lovely weekend. Bring on the four day week!
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    (((HUGS))) Froddy; it sounds like you've done mega-Flying at your Mum's; I hope the GP can help.

Thank you - so do I. The phone calls that woke me at 00:50 and 04:15 this morning were not appreciated and, having then spent 6 hours with her today, I am exhausted. I can also feel BD creeping in. Mum can't carry on like this and neither can I :(

I have done no flying here so :p

YL - well done on the bike ride and on not going to the meeting :T
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Options
    huge hugs Frodders.. nearly Tuesday.. the GP can help your mum I'm sure..

We trotted off to the beach.. the girls were not too awful.. we went out with 4 and returned with 4.. they had a beach picnic, fish and chips and an ice lolly .. I however am dead on my feet.. I couldnt swallow the meds for my stupid hip so I'm in agony.. OH didnt put my crutches or Twinkles hat in the car and refused sun cream so he is burned and I'm in pain and Twinkle spent most of the time in Squeaks hat.

Bed time I think before I am too tired to move at all!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Frodders.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Froddy. Thinking of you and your mum xx

Well, I didn't really 'take the rest of the day off', apart from an hour of zzz this afternoon, but I
    - cleaned most of the downstairs windows, inside and out: the garden views are much improved :D
    - baked a sponge cake and scones, which the Old Wives demolished this evening, nom-nom
    - dusted and hoovered DR, LR and kitchen
    - S&S'd bathroom, kitchen and en-suite
    - decided that that is sufficient flying downstairs for the rest of this week :rotfl:
    - mended the ties on a seat cushion
    - swept the front path and back decking
    - tied up a clematis and pruned a half-dead shrub
    - moved the garden table and chairs from the back porch to the decking
    - finished prepping everything for this evening's meeting
    - fed DH, me and Rosie (different menu for us!)
    - had a successful meeting - and no cake left :eek:
    - filled and started DW, washed everything else that wouldn't fit in it by hand

A productive day, methinks :)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (crawls out of terminal lurking mode) with more hugs for Froddington. Look after yourself.
    Thanks to list-writers. I'm vaguely on top of things with huge help from Mr N.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of ((hugs)), Frodders. I hope the GP can offer some help for you and your mum this morning. Xx

Yesterday morning was again at the allotment. I am finally beginning to see the ground for the weeds. The afternoon was spent anger ironing as new people down the road had thumping music blaring, so much so that it made sitting in the garden impossible. I do like my peace and quiet. However, we were then invited to an impromptu bbq down the road, away from the beat, and had a lovely evening.

DD is back to exams today, so any spare good luck vibes much appreciated. Roll on the end of week.

Off to work in a bit. Yes it's my day off, but hey ho.:(. Back later to see if I can muster energy.
    ETA - well done YL on saying no to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure