PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th May 2018

Options
Natty68
Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 May 2018 at 9:46PM in Old style MoneySaving
Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Bank Holiday Monday.
Dailies
Quick hoover
Quick swish and Swipe
Rest of day off
Enjoy the glorious weather!!!

Twinkling Tuesday- Master bedroom and Landing
Level One

Throw open windows and let that sun in!!!!
Strip and wash bedding!
Clear some floordrobe
Level Two
Clear landing floor.. or sort a hotspot out there!!
Wash windows
Vacuum floors
Level Three
Sort out shoes and coats and bags! etc
Binbag dance
HHI

Extras
  • Mend 2 things from your 'mend it' pile!!
  • Reorder and tidy a chest of drawers.. if there is anything to get rid of.. DO IT!!
  • Wash and put away any winter coats you shouldn't need for the next 5 months!!
  • Dust and deweb
  • Make sure those smoke alarms are working!!! (do not set fire to anything.. just press the button!!)
  • Go through your make up/nail varnish. Throw anything that has gone past it's shelf life or worse still has a life of it's own..

Wishy-washy Wednesday ~ Living Room, Hallway and Stairs
Level One

Open those windows and let in the sun!!
Declutter floors.. in all these areas!
Sort through the coats and bags and shoes.. What can you fling?
Level Two
Clear the mantle and a hotspot and replace only what should be there!
Wipe and water any plants and dust and deweb!
Vacuum the floors!
Level Three
Empty a cupboard or drawer and fling all that is no longer needed and rehome anything that shouldnt be there!
Wash any soft furnishings
Wipe all the paintwork and all the doors!

Extras
  • Wash the windows if they need it
  • Binbag dance.. fling that rubbish!
  • Polish any mirrors and pictures and glassware
  • Replace any dead lightbulbs in the house.. and test those smoke alarms!!
  • Clean out smelly pets

Thrilling Thursday - Kitchen and Dining mess
Level One

Let in the sun by opening those windows!
Clear and wipe work surfaces
Wipe and replace small appliances
Level Two
Empty cutlery drawer.. wash cutlery tray and replace everything neatly.. get rid of all the odds and
sods that shouldn't be in there..
Wipe the front of the units, kickboards and the large appliances
Sweep and mop the floor
Level Three
Wipe dining table and replace cloth if needed
Clean out the fridge, how about making a nice soup with the leftoever/slightly sorry looking
vegetables…!!
De-web and fluff the room

Extras
  • Wash the windows
  • Sort through the freezer.. what do you have loads of and what needs using first!!. Vacuum up those
  • escaping peas and brussels!!
  • Wipe down paintwork/sideboards/units in dining room
  • Meal plan for the next week and make a shopping list... based on what you found in the freezer.
  • Clean filters and detergent dispensers
  • HHI

Frantic Friday - Bathrooms and office/study type places.
Level One

Open the windows and let the sun and fresh air in :D
Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
Ring someone you love just to tell them so.. we never do this enough!
Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
Level Two
Vacuum the floors
Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
Wipe down the tiles and defragment the pc while doing this.
Level Three
Declutter and dust the pc desk
Wipe away cup rings and sticky things
Wipe the keyboard, mouse, cables and sockets and suchlike.
Clean the windows.

Extras
HHI..I really need to do this!!
Clear a hotspot
Degunge around the bottoms of the taps!
Wipe cupboards and polish mirrors!
Do a DIY task that you have been putting off since time began.
Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Options
    Flylady 2018 Challenges - GO FLYERS GO

SCRIMPERS (no spend MAY)

atypical blonde
    Lamewolf
    Pigpen
    Natty
    Kazwookie
    Jazee
    Honey Bear
    Valli
    Fayolle
    Yorkshirelass
    Lynnejk
    Mumof2

SLINKIES - weight loss challenge

Lynnejk - 9lb
    Narcolepsy *some*
    Valli 2st/28lb
    Dizzy Imp 2st/28lb
    FurryBeastOz 2st/28lb
    nannygladys 3st/42lb
    Fayolle 2st/28lb
    atypicalblonde 2st/28lb
    Princess Money Penny
    Ionafan
    Lil_me 5st/70lb
    JojotheTightfisted
    LameWolf 2st/28lb
    Roundtuit 56lb
    Jazee 2st/28lb
    Pigpen *some*
    MrsMoneypenny 1st at least
    Froddington 2st
    Dancemum 3st
    Mademoiselle about 2 st
    Ionafan 1st 11lb
    donnajt 3 st
    Rosemary7391
    Mrs Chaos 16lb
    Faete 2st
    Natty 1st 7Ib
    Kazwookie 2st tbc
    Honey Bear 5 kgs

Flymarketeers

FurryBeastOz
    Pigpen
    Valli
    Mumof2
    donnjt - £1k for hols

H2H (hovel to haven)

HoneyBear
    Froddington
    Roundtuit
    Mumof2
    FurryBeastOz
    funfairprincess
    Mrs Moneypenny
    hex2
    Fayolle
    lynnejk
    riotlady
    donnajt - by Summer
    Mrs Chaos
    Natty
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 May 2018 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Thank you Valli for last week's list and Natty for this week's. I'm in. I need all the help I can get this week because it's as hectic as it can possibly be.

I meant to spend two hours doing a bit of gentle pottering in the yard and on the sundeck, planting the last of the plugs that have been potted up and languishing, for their final positions. In the end it was six hours and I can now hardly move. I have, at long last, dealt with an area I've loathed for years so that's great. I've still got another section to do that looks a complete mess and half a dozen troughs but the worst is definitely over and done with at long last. Huge sigh of relief.

OH is out watching his team at the pub, we're both going to a neighbours' for dinner tonight so that's it for the day.

Just realised that as I'm not mucking around with compost tomorrow I can get a couple of loads through the WM and out on the line in time to catch a few rays tomorrow so the first is twirling, and I've spruced up the shower room for tomorrow's arrivals. I'm so tired if I let myself have a nap I'd sleep until tomorrow morning. Gotta find something on iPlayer to keep me awake.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you Natty. I think I can manage that list :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,796 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »

Me too.:D
    Not least because I’m going to look at some bluebells.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 May 2018 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Ty..

We are going out for the day.. it is the first day OH and the girls have had off for weeks and I am NOT sitting in the house and I am NOT going to the boring park we can go to after school! I want seaside or a farm .. he wants a BBQ in the park.. er.. no!!

Washing up to date until OH brought the 2 full baskets down and Squeak had a nose bleed on her duvet.. the 3 of them were having a slapping contest.. if they are stupid enough to sit there and be slapped by their sisters after I have told them it is stupid they deserve any consequences.. Pixie slapped Squeak in the face hence the nosebleed. That put a stop to that and they decided not to play it any more ever.. thats a victory I think!

All dry stuff folded and away.
    Dinner stuff needs putting in the DW which OH can do while making me a cuppa..

I really want to want the ice cream in the freezer.. but I really don't.. I am broken!

I have a nasty sore throat and swollen adenoids which is probably hayfever related.

Twinkle has worn her winter coat and her woolly 'Dog-dog' hat all day.. good job she only had a vest underneath or she would have melted!

I found a few more bits to fling in the charity shop bag.. that's a job for Tuesday I guess. I have another £30 ebay sale to post Tuesday too. Which reminds me I need to chase a payment.

I need to chase DS2 to make dentist and opticians appointment this week, I need to ring drs about my blood results.. they posted a prescription which I won't take anyway.. vitamin D and calcium.. no ta!! but no mention of all the others.. I need a smear appointment.. I have ignored the letter for 2 months because I've been busy.. yes too busy.. I need it to be when OH can have Twinkle.. she is NOT coming with me lol. I need to go into town at some point in the next couple of weeks.. again..

I would love to be reacquainted with my sofa!

Twinkling Tuesday- Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One

Strip and wash bedding!
    Clear some floordrobe
    Level Two
    Clear landing floor.
    Vacuum floors
    Extras
    • Mend 2 things from your 'mend it' pile!!
    • Reorder and tidy a chest of drawers.. if there is anything to get rid of.. DO IT!!

Wishy-washy Wednesday ~ Living Room, Hallway and Stairs
    Level One

Declutter floors.
    Level Two
    Clear the mantle
    Vacuum the floors
    Extras

• Polish any mirrors

Thrilling Thursday - Kitchen and Dining mess
    Level One

wipe work surfaces

Frantic Friday - Bathrooms and office/study type places.
    Level One

Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Level Two
    Vacuum the floors
    Wipe down the tiles
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »

Me too! It's been a busy weekend in the garden. Unashamedly a no fly zone here, but the ironing pile is growing and the dust is building. No change there then.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Natty :A

I'll be in as much as I can but Mum is taking up a lot of my time at the moment :( I finally discovered yesterday just how bad things are - her flat was a complete tip with rubbish and papers everywhere! I spent a couple of hours cleaning and tidying her kitchen yesterday and was there for another three hours today sorting newspapers (some from Dec), receipts, tickets, scraps of paper, brochures and all sorts of other bits that were covering chairs and tables! Still more to do. Also have evidence that dinner last night consisted of 2 chocolate bars and a bag of crisps despite her saying she was going to have one of the meals from the freezer.

Thankfully, she has now agreed that she needs to go to the GP so I will be staging a sit-in on Tues until they give her an appointment!!

Sorry for the essay - just needed to write it down!

So, no flying here but Mum's place is looking better!

Hugs for all xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gentle hugs for your Mum Frodders - sounds like she needs some help.

Seaside sounds good Pigpen.

Monthly invoices to do for DH (and we desperately need the money), have made a start will finish later. Off on the bikes soon if I can shift DH then a chilled out day at home.

My boss has scheduled a meeting tonight because he is a miserable bu**er who doesnt believe in bank holidays. I need to go because otherwise he wont tell me what went on.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone - yay to a day off work - make the most of it! x
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Thanks for the lists! I'm in again this week. I'm finally starting to see the wood for the trees in the house, which is just :j

Hugs for you and your mum YL. Hope the GP can help x

Spent some time in the garden yesterday, which confirms that I am not a natural gardener. Gardening is Hard Work... I did, however, identify a clump of Jack in the Hedge and pulled it up to feed to the chickens...they loved it.

All my fruit trees are in blossom. Beautiful. Oh and my magnolia tree is too and smells divine.

Enjoy the sunny Bank Holiday girls x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I am in, huge thanks for the lists xx

It is glorious again here. It feels odd as it's the only bank holiday in the year when the children aren't on school holidays at the same time, so it will feel strange them going back in tomorrow!

So far I have walked the dog, unloaded the DW and put the dog bedding in to wash. Will be spending most of the afternoon at the hospital so DH on kiddy care and in charge of domestic duties. BBQ for tea.

Have lovely days all xx

PS YL Grrr to your boss what a grump x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport