Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Options

Comments

• Ridmeofdebt
    Options
    It is switchover day and I have submitted my final readings on line.

Will await final bill from EON and then will be able to start saving money on my Gas and Electricity with OneSelect.:j
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is switchover day and I have submitted my final readings on line.

Will await final bill from EON and then will be able to start saving money on my Gas and Electricity with OneSelect.:j

Hello Ridmeofdebt and sorry again to lose you. We'll aim to send your final bill within 32 working days of your transfer date. As above, we need the meter readings your new account will open from. Once we have these, we'll close our account to the same readings and send the bill. If you've registered with our website for paperless billing, we'll put the final bill online and send an email to let you know.

If there's an active Direct Debit, we'll refund any credit balance directly to your bank usually within 7 days of the final bill date. If there's anything left to pay, we'll collect this as a one off Direct Debit. We'll let you know when we're going to do this on the final bill.

Don't worry if there isn't an active Direct Debit. Here, we'll refund any credit by cheque within 10 days of the final bill. If there's money owing, there are various ways to pay including online through our website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can pay by card over the phone from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Hope this is of interest Ridmeofdebt.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ruffled_buzzard
    Options
    transferred effortlessly to one select for electricity with no problems. Only difference found so far is you can only call them during normal office hours.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No bills since 3rd Nov. - not too worried as I will be leaving in 2 months - prices too high.

I do note their direct debits do not match their estimates they will owe me about £100 an the end
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • kisscos
    kisscos Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Website is not very good. It tends to miss processing meter readings.

They have to be chased to send you a bill.
    I rang them in March as I had not had a bill since December, even though I send in readings every month.

Just checked with them again as I have not had a bill since my 16th April readings.

They said that they cannot do anything about it as it is the system.

Other companies give you a revised bill within 3 days.

Customer service was very negative, and agreed that if she was in my shoes she would not be a happy customer.

Would not recommend.

My fixed rate is up on 11th June, and I have already initiated a change.
  • Nigel1954
    Options
    Inefficient or misleading? The future savings that One Select quoted in the confirmation email they sent were £280 LESS than they had told me on the phone 2 minutes earlier. When I rang tham back to query this they could not explain the discrepancy. So I asked them to check the problem with a manager and get back to me within six hours as I wanted to get my switching done today. They said putting a query into their system would bring an answer in no less than 24 hours. I cancelled there and then.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    Options
    Not good their monthly payments do not match their estimates, and they do not seem to understand it either ie

£181 per year for electricity
    £167 per year for gas

but they take £55 a month
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • bigfishstalker
    Options
    Tried to switch daughter to OneSelect for gas only ( her electricity charges are capped irrespective of how much they use). Heard nothing after initial email. Phoned after 5 weeks only to be told OneSelect couldn't supply her because her address is not on some kind of database :angry:. Somehow she has been getting gas from SSE to the address and so have previous occupants of the property :rotfl:. When asked why she was not informed of this, was told by "Customer Support" that they have no system to notify that applications have not been accepted. Really, in 2018?? Sounds like a real shambolic operation.
  • ploddo
    ploddo Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I was considering swapping from Together Energy to this company as my fixed rate is about to finish. However their site will not complete the quote. I emailed them 28/5/18 but no reply or even acknowledgement so I guess I won't be bothering with this company.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tried to switch daughter to OneSelect for gas only ( her electricity charges are capped irrespective of how much they use).

Are you sure? Usually, the only things that are fixed (capped to use your term) are the length of the contract; the unit price and the upper limit of the standing charge*. A consumer that uses 4000kWhs/year will pay more than a customer who only uses 2000kWhs/year.

*The actual standing charge may be lower: all discounts (if applicable) are taken off the annual standing charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure