John Lewis Broadband

Options
I bought phone and broadband from John Lewis, paying quite a high price and expecting John Lewis levels of service. Instead, the service has been awful. It turns out that I'm with Plusnet/BT. I've raised three queries a week ago that haven't been replied to yet.

Does anyone know how I can speak to someone at John Lewis about this? I am in the process of leaving, but there seems to be a problem with that too.

Why have JL lent their name to this shower? It's daft to cheapen the brand like this.
No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,265 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How did you raise queries? E mail or messages?

I presume not phoning 0800 022 3300 as given on the web site?

FWIW I've just transferred to JL and found it excellent, they phoned me to check all was well
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has it come as a surprise to you that John Lewis Broadband is powered by Plusnet? It tells you this on the website and that's been the case for at least the last six years.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    How did you raise queries? E mail or messages?

I presume not phoning 0800 022 3300 as given on the web site?

FWIW I've just transferred to JL and found it excellent, they phoned me to check all was well

Messages. I phoned yesterday and was told that they would answer my questions when they get round to it. This is a week now.

Delighted it's been okay so far for you.
  • GDB2222
    Options
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Has it come as a surprise to you that John Lewis Broadband is powered by Plusnet? It tells you this on the website and that's been the case for at least the last six years.

I still expect JL standard if paying JL prices.
  • Neil_Jones
    Options
    Except its not a John Lewis product. It's a virtual ISP. Plusnet is running the service for John Lewis using the John Lewis name.

At the bottom of most pages - "John Lewis Broadband is a trading name of John Lewis plc, but the services are provided by Plusnet plc and the contract for these services is between you and Plusnet."

So in other words: I very much doubt you will get JL levels of service. Even the opening hours are tipped in favour of the core brand - 9am – 6pm, 7 days a week for JL, 7:30am-10pm daily for Plusnet.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Options
    You aren't paying "quite a high price" for your broadband though. If you were a customer of A&A or iDNET you would be paying more and expecting a better than average service. For John Lewis, you are paying an average price for an at best, average service - except you've been fooled into thinking that because its got the John Lewis name, you are getting something better. You aren't.
  • GDB2222
    Options
    I am supposed to be moving to another supplier for exactly the same product. Cost of new supplier is £25, vs £53 for JL.

And I agree. JL are cheapening up their good name by getting into bed with Plusnet.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    on watchdog.
    I think plusnet came equal in the rankings with talktalk. I couldn't believe it!

or was plusnet worse, as they were more expensive!
  • Neil_Jones
    Options
    To be honest Watchdog is hardly a definitive authority on anything these days.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    I am supposed to be moving to another supplier for exactly the same product. Cost of new supplier is £25, vs £53 for JL.

And I agree. JL are cheapening up their good name by getting into bed with Plusnet.

I'm curious to know what product you have for £53:eek:......i signed up for fibre extra 66mb 8 weeks ago for £31 less £50 topcashback plus free google home hub worth £100.So far the service has been perfect and its only a 12 month contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure