Benficary rejecting money.

Options

Comments

• Forest11
    Forest11 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They would perfer to be able to pay the money into an NSANDI account.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    So what is the problem in doing that? What are they trying to achieve by all their messing about?
  • Forest11
    Options
    Update- Proceddings still going on and anger is building- They blaming the solicitor for not allowing them to claim their share of the money while leaving his in a bank account if he wont claim it,
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Forest11 wrote: »
    Update- Proceddings still going on and anger is building- They blaming the solicitor for not allowing them to claim their share of the money while leaving his in a bank account if he wont claim it,

That's unfortunate, however they cannot force the beneficiary t respond.

Stand back, make tea and sympathetic noises, have no opinions on anything.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Tee only rational reason I can thik of is the benficiary is claiming means tested benfits and is hoping to avoid having them being reduced, If so he is quite wrong. The moment at which his obligation to decalre it was as soon as he was notified. Putting it in aother account does no stop the continuing fraud continuing. Personally I would be writng to the DWP and giving them the full details and asking for guidance. I know of a case where this happened and they subsequently asked the executor for a signed and witness statement. Justice was done!
  • Forest11
    Options
    They dont want to do anything which couple help him. They dont care if he is convicted for benefit fraud ( but his share will be a considerable money which will be several years income I imagine)
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    They dont want to do anything which couple help him. They dont care if he is convicted for benefit fraud ( but his share will be a considerable money which will be several years income I imagine)

Not your circus. Nod, make cups of tea, have no opinion.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Time the executors grew up and understood their responsibilities. Suggest you stop meddling and leave them to get on with it, with the appropriate guidance from what must by now be a thoroughly exasperated solicitor.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why does one beneficiary not cashing a cheque affect the others ?
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Dox wrote: »
    Time the executors grew up and understood their responsibilities. Suggest you stop meddling and leave them to get on with it, with the appropriate guidance from what must by now be a thoroughly exasperated solicitor.
    Unless I am very much mistaken it is NOT the executor that is a fault but a particularly stupid beneficary. Unlees of course the solicitor is delaying payment to others because of this. Perhaps the OP coild please clarify? TIA Always best to check!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure