Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi SA - bah to the job, but there'll be other opportunities. Got a feeling you'll be getting something soon. Lesson here appears to be write down as much as you can! How weird!

Hope you've finished aching from the Pilates session. I always find my stomachs hurts the most!

Lovely that the little dog found his owner. And lovely of you to have taken the time to help him - some people wouldn't have bothered. Dogs are great - as you well know from your own who has gone out of her way to remember you for Mother's Day!

Enjoy your Saturday - hope Mr SA has dried off!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What started as a good day has progressed into a not so good day thanks to Mr SA.

The good news is lost 1lb at WW which means I'm finally back at goal :j The coach gave me a certificate which I've stuck on my fridge as an incentive.

The bad news is Mr SA has really peed me off this afternoon to the point of tears.

No sooner had I walked through the door from WW he asked me to clean behind the TV as he thought the cat had done something. Pulled out the stand - there was a dubious looking stain and a shameful amount of dust, so gave everything a good clean.

Then he wanted me to go to the shop to get him a baguette for lunch. I refused, told him to make do with the stuff we'd got in.

Straight after lunch he started hassling me to take the dog out again but I was halfway through cleaning up the whole house, said I'd do it when I'd finished.

The final straw was I'd just sat on the bed for a minute after cleaning upstairs, he as shouting me to go and clear up dog poop from the garden. Then because I wouldn't rush out and do it he started moaning. In the end he did it but brought a load of mud back in the house.

I just felt so fed up I went back upstairs and cried :( Really felt like I couldn't take much more. I look forward to the weekend all week - for what? I'm better off at work. At the moment I'm feeling life is unfair, why can't I have a normal life like other people, what did I do to deserve this, etc. The only remotely normal thing I can do with Mr SA is go on holiday. We can't just nip out anywhere, I can't have a normal conversation with him and he does nothing at all to help :(

Sorry for the rant but I can't talk about this to anyone in real life, no one understands what it's like.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Aww bless you sun addict your hubby sounds very demanding your not his Slave your his partner ........bigs hugs xx put a cat poo under his pillow :rotfl:

Well done on the weight loss at ww...........it's great when you get back to goal I also lost a pound......go us :j
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Am sending virtual hugs.. I think (& I might be speaking out of turn, in which case I apologise, & I'll edit) you must feel quite alone. He has no idea of how his behaviour impacts you. Was he like that before? I can only imagine how hard this is, you have to cope with it all without any of the usual support that can/should be expected from a partner. Working, looking after the house, your DD and Mr SA.. enough to reduce anyone to tears. I'd be rocking in the corner. Sending you hugs and love xxx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thank you stepup, you're definitely not speaking out of turn. He was a bit selfish before but nothing like he is now, he thinks the whole world revolves around him. I have to deal with it on my own and often wonder how come I'm not in a home for the bewildered by now.
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Can you explore some respite care? You sound so tired of it and maybe a break, even if just for a day or two, might help?
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yeah I am with step... I did wonder if you should try and get a break. If this is the new normal.. :( and his moods and behaviours are not likely to improve I wonder if you need to think of different coping strategies....I know mine would be shouting and letting off steam :o maybe yours is some time to call your own.

Thinking of you SA...maybe we should come up and throw you a MSE party?. :kiss:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    PS and as step up said...I would be rocking too... you are a total hero
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I do shout sometimes but find time out is better. My nightly baths are my sanity - candles, music, magazine and occasionally a glass of wine. At the weekend I love it when he goes for his afternoon sleep, that's my break. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by people with normal lives and can't help comparing, especially when I used to have a life like theirs but it's been taken away. He used to be quite caring and this new version of him is hard to get used to. I know he can't help the brain damage but he could be better than he is.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow SA what a week you have had. Sorry to hear Mr SA has upset you today, hope youve got some wine in for a little treat tonight.

Well done on the WW loss too xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport