Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes for Tuesday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got Mr Dusty off on his journey yesterday,and was pleased to hear from him today that he arrived safely,no problems.He phoned me surrounded by his two daughters and various grandkids who all wanted to say hello to me over the phone,so I dread to think how much it cost!lol.:rotfl:
    They all sounded so delighted to see him,after 5 years and it sounded like a real party. He was very tired but sounded happy so I am very relieved on that issue. Tomorrow will see my granddaughter delivering a hopefully healthy son,so still I cant sleep too well. Fingers crossed all goes well,and I can concentrate once more on budgeting,slimming,decluttering and life in general!:D:D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad Mr D arrived safely.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• dustydigger
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad Mr D arrived safely.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    :j:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:beer::beer::beer:
    Thanks,beanie lou! Glad to say that after 18 hours my granddaughter had her baby boy,both are safe and well. The baby weighed five and a half pounds and was remarkably strong and healthy,no oxygen problems at all,though his temperature is rather low,so he is lying cosily on a heating pad.Naughty boy causing all this worry.:):) We are so relieved all has gone well.His 15 month old big sister is looking at him with great fascination,albeit rather wary of this tiny thing barely bigger than her favourite doll:rotfl:
    Its been quite a week,I have barely slept with all the stresses,so I dozed off in my chair on and off for 4 hours last night before dragging myself off to bed - where I couldnt sleep:eek::eek: :rotfl:Oh well,finished off another book.Looks like another weight gain at SW tomorrow,I have been unable to resist snacking from sheer nerves about Mr Dusty's trip,the baby,and am on tenterhooks about the result tomorrow of Mr Dusty's court case.If all goes well tomorrow I will have no more problems and hopefully will be able to relax and enjoy my cook-free month ahead,though with the rotten weather doubt if I'll get out much.Went up to the corner shop yesterday for a congrats baby card and it was so freezing my brow was actually hurting from the cold and I scurried home to hibernate once more:D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on the baby :j :j :j
    Hope all goes well tomorrow too.

• Sayschezza
    Options
    Fabulous news the babe has been delivered safely. Fingers crossed now for a favourable outcome tomorrow.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Brilliant news all around dusty! Very happy for you and the family :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Thanks for all the congrats,folks. It was such a relief,and I actually got 5 hours sleep last night.:D
    And I lost a pound at SW this morning,what a relief after gaining for 3 weeks. One more pound,maybe next week makes 4 stone:j:j
    Unfortunately,bad news about Mr Dusty's case. Without warning they have relocated the magistrate to another town,the verdict is postponed,and they reconvene on 12th March,but with a totally new magistrate ,and who knows,he may want to go through everything again,and Mr Dusty comes back 20th March.:eek: He is bitterly disappointed,almost distraught on the phone an hour ago.I hope his daughters can calm and console him.
    Thought things were going too well:(
  • beanielou
    Options
    So sorry to Mr Dusty's news :(

• dustydigger
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    So sorry to Mr Dusty's news :(

Thanks beanie lou. Its disappointing . I begged him to wait here for the result then go about 4 days later,but he wouldnt take my advice. That man could be crowned King of the Stubborn Mules,and could teach them all new strategies of stubbornness:mad:.But it is 5 years since he was home to see his family,he just couldnt wait any longer and took the risk that the court would actually fulfill its stated duty.Big mistake,but at least he is sitting in the sun - 30 C compared with 1 C here! -and enjoying chatting with his family.:)
    btw,congrats over your SW loss this week. I know you were a bit cheesed off last week,but this week made up for it in spades. Well done!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure