Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Options

Comments

• dustydigger
    Options
    SuperMoose wrote: »
    Hello :wave:

Everyone has been asked to change their password.
    Thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791325

Hope all goes well for Mr Dusty :) and your grandaughter :)

thanks! And thanks for the thread about updating. Bit ridiculous telling us AFTER we have had all the panic and hassle with no way of getting on site !:D:DIts certainly a bit strange.
    Its a pain now coming on here as first of all Firefox warns me this is an insecure site that I shouldnt use for safety reasons and proposes to allow me to enter just this once.Immediately I agree my IP pops up and asks me to reconnect myself to the internet,and I have to go through 4 tedious steps to do so. Very annoying:mad::mad: And then when I FINALLY get here I have to put in my username and new password once again. Not a happy camper to say the least.My IP is TalkTalk who got stung a few years ago when they were hacked and are now a bit sensitive!We also had great inconvenience in 2017 when Yahoo were hacked and passwords and accounts there had to be sorted and verified.
    Got to wonder just what the IT departments of some of these big companies are doing.So many warnings from the news of hacking of insecure sites but they dont seem to bother strengthening themselves before disaster strikes,instead of after catastrophe!:rotfl: Look at the mess caused for the NHS last year :eek::eek:
  • dustydigger
    Options
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Hey Dusty - sorry I haven't checked in for a bit. Well done on not gaining loads at your weigh in! Considering it was your birthday I feel you did very, very well :cool:

So sorry to hear about your Granddaughter and her baby. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is OK. My parents were pregnant before I came along and unfortunately the baby was stillborn and neither of them really got over it. It's just so very sad, I hope things go well.

Sounds a bit of a mad panic for Mr. Dusty's trip but I'm sure he'll be prepared in the end! Maybe when he's gone you can stop having to search in Aldi for the peanut butter for a bit?!

Good to hear from you,Lonelyrat,thanks for your thoughts.
    I went to the SW class near Aldi on Thursday,and naturally I popped in and managed to get 3 jars with blue lids hidden away in a sea of orange lids:T:T
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Ooh! Just noticed I got my 100 posts ''badge''.Next one is 1000,so that may take some time!:D
    And look at beanie lou! Can never catch up with that.Wonder if she just stays on site during all waking hours?

Was very much amused to see this among the easter smilies.Easter is early this year,end of March so I am already thinking about putting money aside for the grandkids easter eggs,but will I be able to resist buying one for myself? This graphic certainly strikes a chord with me,as I actually saw some chocolate bunnies in Aldi's and was strongly tempted to get one. But I resisted!:rotfl:

:EasterBun
  • dustydigger
    Options
    [QUOTE=beanielou;73857960

What colours are you thinking for the paint?[/QUOTE]

My curtains are yellow in the kitchen so Iwas thinking of a nice soft pale yellow.I have a creamy sort of colour at the moment,but it lacks a bit of zing. The kitchen faces south and gets loads of sunshine (well,whenever it does decide to shine that is) so I think it will be cheerful
    The sitting room however faces north and is a bit dark. We just used magnolia last time,and its a bit dull,but in the bedrooms we have a lighter shade,called soft linen,more of a light warm cream and its will be much lighter and brighter than the magnolia.
    Sorry to say I have never taken to the fashion for dark grey or purple walls which has been around a while.Not suitable for a dark room:)

Oh $%"& or words to that effect. A bird has just delivered a huge load of bird poop all down my sitting room window,must be 9 inches long and 2 wide. naturally the window cleaner just did the window a few days ago. I'm off to remove it before it sets:eek:

must have been a very large bird,or very incontinent!:mad:Yuck!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your paint choices sound good :)
    I like the light greys and have it in my sitting room & my hall.

Remember I have been a MSE regular for 13 years this month.
    Some users have over 200,000 posts!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T
    We had a really nervous and anxious weekend,but yesterday afternoon they scanned and tested my granddaughter and the baby seems OK for now,they wont induce yet,but will be doing another scan on Friday as they are still a bit wary. But everyday gives more chance for the baby to grow bigger and stronger and be nearer safety.:beer::beer:
    I couldnt settle to anything and didnt come online. I didnt want to discuss the situation in advance in case I jinxed it!:rotfl::rotfl:
    I know thats ridiculous really,but who thinks really rationally in such situations?
    The malaria meds have arrived just this morning from America,so thats one thing sorted. But we are still having problems with our regular order for Mr Dusty. What a carry on over wanting 2 bottles of eye drops instead of one. We keep phoning and get a new person every time who knows nothing and says they will have to start the process once again.:mad::mad::mad:
    No savings this week,but over the weekend I escaped from worry into books and increased my tally of books read this month to 8.
    Also managed to curb the urge for alcohol despite great provocation,and that makes 8 AF days since my birthday celebrations. Will try to stay AF till after the HbA1c test probably end of March.:)
    Once we get Mr Dusty off on his trip I can hopefully get back on track with all the things I have been intending to do:D:D
    Should go to SW later today but the weather is horrendous,torrential rain and icy cold wind making it feel below zero.No way do I want to face that 200 yard trek downhill in the dark then wait 15 minutes for a bus! I'll go on Thursday morning to the group in town. Hopefully I will have maintained and not put on but its been a stressful week and I havent been able to focus on food issues at all.
  • beanielou
    Options
    So glad that the baby is ok for now.
    Don't blame you for not going to SW tonight.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• dustydigger
    Options
    Grr,another password expiry. I couldnt remember what I had changed my password to so had to go through all the rigmarole of asking for a new password,going over to my email etc etc.Mistook the letter ''O'' as a zero and couldnt get the password to work,cue several attempts before realizing it was a letter not a number before I could get it to finally work What a nuisance,after a mere 5 days. This is NOT the way to be user-friendly,is it?:mad:
    have totally forgotten what I actually intended to say and have used up my time anyway so I'll come on again tonight.
    It is absolutely freezing,the local weather says it is 2 C,feeling like -6 C.Spot on,and my poor window cleaner is out there now looking miserably frozen. Yesterday's rain was horrible,I couldnt face going out in it and I have run out of bread,milk and eggs so I am going to bundle up like an eskimo to face those gentle sea breezes (known elsewhere as gale force winds,but we northerners are a tough lot:rotfl:) and get in supplies. Wish I was going off to Africa with Mr Dusty,its the dry season there,HOT!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Been blooming cold here too :(

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2018 at 3:56AM
    Options
    Hectic week getting Mr Dusty ready for his trip.Finally sorted the meds and the money to send on ahead,but more expensive than expected since the Western Union office is not working at the moment.He has been on packing all this week and still isnt finished:rotfl:He travels tomorrow.
    Anxious week about my granddaughter,the scan on Friday shows the baby grew less than a centimetre in 4 weeks,so they are inducing labour on Tuesday Very anxious time
    Havent had a moment to focus on savings,slimming etc,though I have done a lot of reading during the night when I cant sleep.:)
    Very little savings,but this was my expensive fortnight when I have the DDs and bills,so am content with putting a tenner in the House and Home fund,and probably around a tenner in the Sealed Pot. But only one £2 coin turned up in two weeks. Half the country seem to be saving them and they have disappeared from the tills!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure