New Ryanair check in policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE says "If you do want to cancel, Ryanair says you must notify it by Saturday 19 May – you can do this by calling its customer service team on 0871 246 0000."

Why isn't MSE making a huge fuss about

1. Ryanair changing the rules in the middle of the game (can they legally do this?); and

2. Using an 0871 Service Charge number costing up to 68p per minute for Customer service purposes in breach of the Consumer Contracts: Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments Regulations 2013 ?

It seems that MSE or Ryanair have quoted the wrong number. The 0871 number is for NEW bookings, where it is legal to use a rip-off number provided that the mandatory Ofcom price warning is also given. However, Ryanair have the Basic Rate number 0330 1007 838 for post booking enquiries.

I'm disappointed that MSE haven't spotted this.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that MSE haven't spotted this.
    After all that has been said over the last fifteen years or more, I would have expected every MSE staff member to be hard wired to challenge all usage of 084 and 087 numbers mentioned in any press releases and to demand a different number - especially so in cases where the usage of the premium rate number is clearly illegal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure