2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bwff wrote: »
    How do you know what most of us do???

I can only speak for myself, but if I wish to check a bill, I use the calculation method described on the bill.
    If I wish to verify the calculation method used on the bill, google is a good friend of mine ;)

You can also find verification of the CV values from my good friend, if you are so supsicious of your supplier that you don't trust that either.

If you care to check with my friend, he/she is very friendly and will help anyone, you will also see it is not possible according to law to ' download CV data from the National Grid' in real time.
    If you have any understanding of how the CV value is arrived at, you would know that.

i won't argue with you as you clearly know more about this than I do. Suffice to say that the real time CV data download for my postcode LDZ(WM) and supply is showing on the National Grid webpage as at 10.32.01 today as 39.300. If a database is updated once a day, then using that data in any given day is real time as far as I am concerned. I am not sure who is breaking the Law here: the National Grid for giving me and other consumers access to their CV database, or me for downloading it?
  • bwff
    bwff Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2018 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    ... Suffice to say that the real time CV data download for my postcode LDZ(WM) and supply is showing on the National Grid webpage as at 10.32.01 today as 39.300. ...

You made your post, according to the MSE forum clock, at 1:29 PM

I made my earlier post at 1:02 PM

I think it is fair to suggest that you made your enquiries sometime between those 2 times, and the best you could find was data that was approximately already 2.5-3 hours out of date.
    If a database is updated once a day, then using that data in any given day is real time as far as I am concerned.
    It may be as far as you are concerned. But what does the law require?
    I am not sure who is breaking the Law here: the National Grid for giving me and other consumers access to their CV database, or me for downloading it?

I don't follow why you think any law is being broken here?
    The CV values are, afaik, a matter of public interest. You need to be able to check your supplier is getting it right.
    Have you never checked before that your supplier is applying the correct CV value to your gas bills? Or have you always found them so honest, that you have never double checked the data?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bwff wrote: »
    You made your post, according to the MSE forum clock, at 1:29 PM

I made my earlier post at 1:02 PM

I think it is fair to suggest that you made your enquiries sometime between those 2 times, and the best you could find was data that was approximately already 2.5-3 hours out of date.

It may be as far as you are concerned. But what does the law require?

I don't follow why you think any law is being broken here?
    The CV values are, afaik, a matter of public interest. You need to be able to check your supplier is getting it right.
    Have you never checked before that your supplier is applying the correct CV value to your gas bills? Or have you always found them so honest, that you have never double checked the data?

I have no reason to believe that either of my two suppliers is getting their billing wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure