Add your feedback on energy supplier Enstroga

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 4:07PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Enstroga

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• alan888
    alan888 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Keep clear of enstroga energy. No replies to letters,calls,e mails. Recorded delivery says gone away. Avoid
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 March 2019 at 4:29PM
    Options
  • rob_savage
    Options
    i went to enstroga in Oct 18. Fine at first but i have moved house, of which i informed them, but since then i have been unable to contact them. i have tried to ring over a dozen times, sent 6 emails and filled out the contact page twice on their website. On top of this my online acct with them has never been updated apart from showing the money i have paid in so i have no idea how much electricity i have even used. Customer service is litterally non existant.
  • Ponyman
    Ponyman Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with enstroga for about 6 months and gone through the “unable to contact” issues. In the last month they seem to have woken up as I’ve had a request for a meter reading and a statement. This morning I had an email saying they were going to take a top up payment of £125 in 3 days! I phoned them not expecting an answer but they answered in about 2 minutes. I told them that I would expect to owe them money at this time of year and apart from that the direct debit guarantee requires 10 working days notice of change. To my amazement they said they would cancel the payment!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do they still exist?
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • continuity
    continuity Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    It's hard to say. They still take money from my bank account but no one ever responds to email or picks up the phone so perhaps all that's left is one lonely computer running the monthly billing cycle.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Do they still exist?

I thought they had closed to new customers as couldn't remember seeing them on recent comparison site visits, but when I checked this a.m I got a quote about 3 pages down ...but well over £200pa more then I'm currently paying:)
  • paranoidandroid
    Options
    Contacting Enstroga was a big problem so I gave up bothering, but it has got better.
    I recently got through to them on the second attempt (it used to take days) and spoke with a very helpful representative about the new 2019 Winter Warmer deal. I would stay with them despite their lack of billing etc.etc. but I have to go elsewhere as the new price rise now places them as noncompetitive.

I received my first actual bill after 9 months and it was correct to the penny. And in the whole year I will have saved nearly £500 over British Gas that I transferred from.

I trust the transfer away from Enstroga goes well; in any case I'll be sure to comment here.

It's a pity about the price rise!
  • TW1234
    TW1234 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enstroga were a real problem; almost impossible to contact, although their operatives were polite (albeit ineffective) on the two occasions I did manage to do so.
    However, they did comply quickly and in full with a decision obtained from the Omvbudsman.

See my thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5870569
  • kez123moz
    Options
    Hi can anyone give me their winter warmer rates please, have finally won an arguement with enstroga & got back dated to Jan 1st but the rates still seem high, 12.31per unit & 23.29 standing charge

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport