TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Options

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This change is unfortunate. I have been more than happy with TDs accounts and services over many years. If they change the fee structure to my disadvantage i will dump them,simples..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nerdlinger wrote: »
    IG appear to pay divis into the account a day late and cash transfers out then take 24 hours plus.

Thanks for the info, this is about the same as TDDI currently even though they update the account statement on the day those recorded dividend payments are not immediately accessible, so no change there in terms of usual service.

I'm intending to move a TDDI portfolio to IG as an interim measure for the £250 reward but just waiting to see what interactive investor eventually decide to impose on TDDI clients before making the leap.

What account info retrieval options do IG offer?
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    This change is unfortunate. I have been more than happy with TDs accounts and services over many years. If they change the fee structure to my disadvantage i will dump them,simples..

i will do the same. me and my family have around half a million pounds with them and will move it all if the fees are at a disadvantage.

im hoping II read these forums and take note...
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know what you pay TD Direct but they are changing the fee structure to be that of II (funnily enough).

They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway).

I've decided to move the OH dealing and ISA account to iWeb. It is as good a time as any, and shortly I will have a quarter before the next divis arrive so will use this 'break' as the time to go.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • cloud_dog
    Options
    Ok, so have decided to move the TD Direct accounts to iWeb.

Have opened a iWeb dealing and ISA account and have printed off the iWeb form to request the ISA account transfer from TD Direct to iWeb.

One question for anyone who has transferred accounts to iWeb.... The form is specifically about transferring the ISA (TD Direct) account; how have others moved their dealing account to iWeb?

Is it a case of making the request to the existing provider (TD Direct) and providing the new (iWeb) dealing account details or will it come across in line with the ISA transfer?

• grey_gym_sock
    Options
    you make the request to move a dealing account with the destination account (i.e. iweb), the same as for the ISA. but it's a separate request from moving the ISA - after all, some people might not want to move both accounts.
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cloud_dog when you're logged into iWeb you have to be in your dealing account to print off that particular form. Then click on Transfers, then click on Broker Transfer. It doesn't work if you're trying to do that from within your ISA account.
  • cloud_dog
    Options
    TCA wrote: »
    cloud_dog when you're logged into iWeb you have to be in your dealing account to print off that particular form. Then click on Transfers, then click on Broker Transfer. It doesn't work if you're trying to do that from within your ISA account.
    Ok, thanks. I'll give it a go.

• hutman
    hutman Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    i hold two Vanguard funds on ISA in TD.. is it worth transferring these to Vanguards platform to save a bit of cash? Anyone know the fees involved for such a procedure?
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No transfer fees out from TDDI currently (afaik).
    Other Charges

Transfer in or out of Stock, UK Certificates, Funds, or ETFs. : FREE

Account closure : FREE
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure