Options
2»

Comments

• pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Now, you remind me that when I first bumped up against this issue CYB did mention that they'd only tested the new website with Chrome. When I criticised this they said that they would check out Firefox - which is what I use. [.......] I'm not at all happy at the thought of using Chrome.

The lack of CYB interest was well off the scale!
    I, too, have no intention of using Chrome; I've found that Firefox v52 works successfully to access my Clydesdale accounts. [But I don't like the later versions of Firefox because Mozilla have a policy of stripping-out key tools eg allowing the user to switch-off the display of images.]

I concur with your conclusions on CYBG customer services - it seems to have gone downhill in the last couple of years. For example, the new system no longer has the facility to store & recall the customer number used as the login user identity - it's a 10-digit number and it's tiresome to have to keep looking it up and typing it in. (The system also blocks the Firefox facility to remember usernames and passwords.) The guy I spoke to at Clydesdale claimed that storing the username was prohibited by the new data-protection regulations! That'll come as a nasty surprise to their new colleagues at Virgin Money, not to mention all the big financial outfits such as Lloyds, HSBC, RBS, Nationwide, Santander, TSB, etc, etc. The only outfit that I know of which forces the re-keying of the user-id is Bank of Ireland (aka Post Office Savings) and Danske Bank. I told the guy at Clydesdale to "ask your IT colleagues to come up with a better excuse!".
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes - I got a similar "it is a necessary security improvement" when querying the lost recall capability of the username. So at least they have all been trained to give out the same bull5h1t.

Not yet down to TSB levels. How can such relatively simple IT systems be so ineptly implemented?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure