PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    thankyou to all who keep us going...im in for nov...will be trying to save some extra cash for christmas

good luck tess
    onwards and upwards
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for the new thread zip :A
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 October 2012 at 2:57PM
    Options
    thanks for new thread.

my budget is £300 as before, even tho you have me on the list above. Hopefully I will be able to come UNDER budget this month :)

My October was 27/9-26/10, BUT I will start from Sunday 28th for the Nov GC as I get paid Friday but it's Mum's birthday that day. Don't really want to be including those expenses in my budget, I want to be able to splash out without worrying.
  • poppy-glos
    Options
    Hi, may I join for nov please. £300 for nov please
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi. I'd like to join for november please. I think we usually spend about £400+ for 5 of us:eek: So I'd like to go for £300 this month.
    In October I bought some new cake tins-should kitcheny stuff come out of grocery budget or not please?
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, shiny new thread!

I'm going to stick with £200 again this month for me and the other half.

Plans for this month are to try and track spends better, keep using up store cupboard bits that are lingering (can't ignore some of these tins forever! :rotfl:), and experiment with some new (cheap!) recipes. I also want to make some chutneys and other lovely bits for Christmas, so need to list up what I want to make (must remind myself not to go overboard, as per usual). Would like to manage to make these extra things within the budget, so that means using up leftovers and such like nobody's business *puts on determined face* :A
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • claireosully
    Options
    Hello

I really enjoy reading this thread and have done for months and for once i have decided to give it a go!

Please put me down for £350.

This is quite a lot for two adults and one 7 year old but i think it is a good place to start and i feel i still have a lot to learn!

:rotfl:
    Life plan = Learn to save money and lose weight.
    .... Not too much to ask????
    :o
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Zippy for starting Novembers :) Cant believe this is the last full month before Christmas!

Can you move me into the weekly section please-£60 a week from now on, as this is working out really well for me :)

Hi to all the new people joining this month :)
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thought it might be best to put up a new post for this! Must share this yummy recipe the OH came up with, he's a clever clogs...

Smoked Sausage, Apple & Onion Tart

Line a baking tray with pastry (whatever kind takes your fancy, we used shortcrust)

Cover with two finely chopped onions, drizzle over French's (or mild) mustard. Top with smoked sausage cut into coins. Add an apple chopped into large chunks. (At this stage OH added slivers of parsnip, sliced using a vegetable peeler, I don't think it really needs this though so it's up to you). Season... you could also add sage or something similar if you fancied, I can imagine that working well.

Bake in the oven at 200*c for around 20 mins.

YUM! Tastes amazing cold the next day for lunch as well. ;) I'm not sure what would make a good accompaniment for this though... I usually have salad with these type of pastry affairs, but something tells me sauerkraut or a braised red cabbage might go quite well? Something like this, but without the orange?
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I be put down for £50 this month again please?

The last couple of months I've consistently come out at the end of the month in the high£30's, but £50 gives me a bit of a buffer.

My month won't start until November 1st, but I'd thought I'd get in while I remembered!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business