Can never get off my drive! Is there anything I can do?!

Options
2»

Comments

• TooManyPoints
    TooManyPoints Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So anyone walking past their house will have to walk round the back of their car in the road?
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    When this happens to me I put a note on the windows of the cars reminding them i'm not a good driver and if they don't leave room then their car could be damaged....
  • Venturi
    Options
    If the dropped kerb is official and was permitted by the council they can't block it. If not, they can. It might be worth checking that if you didn't apply for the dropped kerb yourself.

You can then contact the Police and ask them to check out the parking (which is what I did).

They sent out a PCSO who contacted the owners and explained the situation and that they would get parking tickets if it continued. End of problem.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tasticz wrote: »
    can you please tell us where you live?

Yes, we can all pop round for a cup of tea and a chat.
  • tasticz
    tasticz Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arklight wrote: »

You're not invited anyways so don't get too excited.

The reason for asking was because the council's in London have certain powers under local authorities and transport for London act 2003 compared to councils outside London.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arklight wrote: »

I think Blackpool road in Preston is like that on the Eastern side. Difference being there's a wide grass verge that can fit about 3/4 car length, so they park mostly on that, don't know whether it's legal or not.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    if part of their car on footway and blocking pedestrian, you can complain to the council.
  • a.turner
    a.turner Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Venturi wrote: »
    If the dropped kerb is official and was permitted by the council they can't block it. If not, they can. It might be worth checking that if you didn't apply for the dropped kerb yourself.

You can then contact the Police and ask them to check out the parking (which is what I did).

They sent out a PCSO who contacted the owners and explained the situation and that they would get parking tickets if it continued. End of problem.

I cant see any reason why the OP would have applied for a drop kerb for the neighbours house.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Venturi wrote: »

But if the parked cars are partially blocking the OP's* dropped kerb, thus preventing the OP accessing the road, that's an offence whether the kerb is "official" or not, isn't it?

*OP - is it your dropped kerb or your neighbour's? Can you get onto the road?
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    a.turner wrote: »
    I cant see any reason why the OP would have applied for a drop kerb for the neighbours house.

I think they meant previous occupier of OP's house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure