PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Paulaviki
    Paulaviki Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Had a read of this thread and the Konmari one over the last week or so and it's inspired me to start doing some decluttering. So this week as I've had a few days off work I've managed to -

• Finally take the bags of clothes and bits on the spare room bed to the charity shop.
    • Sorted out the husbands pants and socks drawers. Reduced 3 drawers into two as he had loads of pairs of thin socks which he doesn't like. Most of them were still brand new in the packaging so have gone to the charity shop! Plus this is a big deal as hubby struggles with letting go of stuff.
    • Sorted out the airing cupboard and took a bin bag of sheets, curtains and bath mats to the charity shop as we never use any of them.
    • Took an old broken tv, computer tower and laptop to the tip along with the box from the new tv and the blinds we took down when we moved in nearly 3 years ago.
    • Listed 3 decent dresses I won't wear again on eBay.
    • Tidied all the drawers in our bedroom and folded them the Konmari way, looks great and so much easier to find things! Hopefully we can keep it up.

Feeling good that I've achieved all that in a couple days. Really need to tackle our loft though, it's groaning with all the boxes!
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just bobbing in to catch up in between tea and taking the girls to their various clubs! Glad to see peoples updates and the happy tome in which they are written! I do find a light airy feeling takes over when a space is cleared.

The last lot of ebay has now been posted and/or collected just in time for the space to be refilled with the items ready for the craft stall at weekend!

I am not to sure of where to tackle next but I might initially do under the stairs again as my work receipts are building up and I know if i don't do them then other things will be dumped too!
    Go get it!
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    The party went well :D

Lots of alcohol and food consumed/used up so the food wrappers/packaging and the glass bottles and cans from the alcohol gone in the bin/recycling :o

Some of the alcohol was what we had here left over from previous celebrations(Christmas/new year) so a bit of space gained back that's had stuff in it for a while :o

Watching mum put the bins/recycling out last night for collection this morning after a full bottle of baileys was rather funny :rotfl:
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    purplevamp wrote: »
    Not much to report, having been feeling delicate today as I used up nearly a whole bottle of prosecco last night :cool: :o

52) Kids jeans (ebay)
    53) Book (ebay)
    54) Kids jacket (ebay)
    55) Bottle of sink unblocker (used up as sink was blocked!!)
    56) Mens toiletries packaging...from Christmas :eek:

56-62) 6 videos (ebay :T)
    63) CD (Amazon)
    64) Really old duvet
    65) Really old pillow
    66) Soap dish (really old but perfectly fine until DS2 dropped it this morning :cool:)
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • sillyme673
    sillyme673 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Three bags to charity shop. Still got two bags! A couple of DVD's to cex shop. Daughter bag of rubbish for bin( it just grows in her room)
    Have bag of clothes sorted to take to H&M for voucher.
    Bag of recycling from bathroom.
    Have sorted bag of Home magazines, just need to drop at Charity shop( pleased they take them , as felt guilty putting in recycling bin).
    Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    I have been driving around with a whole lot of stuff to go to the tip,in the boot of my car.Today I was sort of in the area close-ish to the tip,and ,since it was an unexpected morning off,I thought I might as well use the time to get rid of more stuff.
    522-531:10 prs of old,worn shoes
    532-567:plastic toys: bath toys,plastic teacups,saucers,etc,Gelarti frame for something....
    568-571:broken plastic coat-hangers
    572:Thomas The Tank play tent
    573:small wicker-like basket that had gone mouldy in storage
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I thought while kids were doing their own thing,I would have a quick declutter of their under-bed,and maybe tops of chest of drawers.To be fair,all the kids have been keeping their rooms really tidy (cos I am constantly nagging :D),but the two littler ones do seem to have alot of "tat" sometimes: old drawings all over the place,dried out marking pens with no lids,odd socks,shoes overflowing .......

I had to ask my 10yo to crawl under the bunks and drag all the tat out,because I would have been wedged in there forever if I had tried :eek:.With that,she offered to help declutter and sort,which was lovely.

Binned:
    574:multi-coloured marking pen
    575:packet of 32 gel pens,dried out
    576:bag of "fun snaps"
    577:bag that a mac (now lost) came in
    578:half an egg timer!
    579-582:2 Melissa and Doug wooden sticker puzzles plus stickers
    583:cheap plastic bracelet,falling apart

I also set aside a few items for the next tip run,will count when they leave my life.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    667. Jeans
    668. Coat
    669. Wax melt
    670. trainers
    671. top
    672. handbag
    673.-675 bibs
    676. book
    677. conditioner
    678. bath foam
    679. shower gel
    680. chalk board
    681. votive candle
    682. milestone cards
    683.-684 ornaments
    685. Moses Basket, sold yay! :j

After a really productive weekend, the above is my progress for last week, which is nowhere near as good as I'd hoped, but better than nothing. Glad to have sold the Moses basket though and the person actually turned up bang on time which makes a nice change. I have a really busy week ahead, so I'm not anticipating getting much done in the way of decluttering, but enjoying reading everyone else's progress :)
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    On Wednesday evening I found 2 packs of Christmas themed fudge that I was going to give to my granddad for Christmas.

He passed away before I got chance to :(

So I have spent the time since then slowly making my way through it, savouring each and every bite, as I knew he would have as he absolutely loved fudge.

About to eat the last bit once I finish typing this up :o

Went into the city yesterday as my aunt wanted silk flowers so she could make buttonholes for everyone for my cousins wedding in 3 weeks :eek:

I also managed to get some supplies that I will run out of before I get paid again so that's alright :D
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The scrapings of jam from 2 jars used up and jars recycled. Also a box of Christmas choccies devoured.
    I am now busy finishing a summer blouse that has been sitting on my work box for weeks.
    Oh shredded paperwork so that's gone now.
    Also taken a painting of mine to be framed for an exhibition after that it will go up on my wall.

Did buy 4 books though;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport