business gas and electric

Options
starwok
starwok Posts: 21 Forumite
Can any one give us any advice on how to change our supplier for our gas and electric. We are a small business premises and our bills are extremely high. At present with british gas
please is there anyone who can help us and find us a cheaper supplier:j

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give this site a go.

HTH
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • starwok
    starwok Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    thanks ever so much we are looking into it once again thanks for your help:T :T :T :T :beer: :beer: :beer:
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I right that, provided energy supplied is below a certain amount each year, businesses can be on a domestic tarrif?
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    starwok wrote:
    Can any one give us any advice on how to change our supplier for our gas and electric. We are a small business premises and our bills are extremely high. At present with british gas
    please is there anyone who can help us and find us a cheaper supplier:j

Have a look at this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=49333
    PF.
  • familyman_3
    familyman_3 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I posted this elsewhere on the site to a similar question, I hope its useful,..

We had a similar request, and found https://www.Businessswitch.co.uk through this forum, and mentioned them here.
    We incidentally saw them at an energy conference at the Met Office in Exeter in conjunction with the Carbon Trust and The Beacon Group. They were very helpful and put us in touch with various different contacts including subsidised environmental training for staff, EU funding for technology and companies that reduced our chiller/refrigeration costs as well as warehouse lighting. We had a big shock with our renewals on the HH and gas supplies and they managed to reduce those to manageable levels.
    Note: ask them for the ‘guide to energy contracts’ it was an eye-opener.

Incidental to this forum they also found a way to chop 40% out of our telephone accounts and are sourcing a supplier of zero-carbon cars for our salesmen. (apparently trees are planted to the value of the emissions rather that electric cars).
    Overall we are very pleased with the results so far after a slow start, but we were pretty cautious due to some bloody awful experiences with so-called expert consultant/brokers in the past who seemed to have now vanished.
    I hope this is useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport