Tresor Rare Refund Help

Options

Comments

• TheOneEyedMan
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    If you purchased in store and have had a change of mind then they can impose whatever restrictions they like on returns.
    Only if those terms were mentioned before the sale was completed.
    They can't have a sign by the till advertising a 14 day no quibble return policy with no other T&C's stated then when a customer returns goods, give further conditions that must be followed before the return is allowed.

Interesting that the wording on the sign by the till differs significantly from that on the receipt.
    Sign wording:
    RETURN POLICY
    We want you to be able to shop with confidence.
    That is why we offer a 14 day returns policy for nearly all products.

All returns must be requested within 14 days of delivery or collection. Products must be returned to us within 14 days of the request and in a saleable condition so that we can process the return. All returned products must be in their original packaging with garment tags and any other security devices or seals still attached an in tact.
    NON RETURNABLE ITEMS
    In some instances, we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges. This includes personalised and perishable products as well as products which have their protective seals or strips removed or damaged. This does not affect your statutory rights.
    Returning an order is easy!
    Please go to (website address blocked)
    Or email to cosmetic at everestm com

Receipt wording:
    "Due to the nature of our products and in accordance with trading standard and fair trade regulations, we reserve the right to withhold refunds or exchanges of cosmetic products.
    No refunds or exchanges after 14 days of purchase date
    This does not affect your statutory rights
    Please keep in touch. For any feedback or questions
    Cosmetic at everestm com
    **EverestMarke Thing**
    34 South Molton Street
    W1K 5RG
    London
    Tel 02086173429"
  • Phoebe271
    Options
    Could you update us with what happened? Did you get a refund?
  • Angeleyez
    Options
    Can anyone help/advise, we purchased a lot of Tresor Rare products recently in London and feel completely duped and stupid, some of the products are opened, do we stand a chance of any type of refund.
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    Angeleyez wrote: »
    Can anyone help/advise, we purchased a lot of Tresor Rare products recently in London and feel completely duped and stupid, some of the products are opened, do we stand a chance of any type of refund.

In a word, no. There are more recent threads about this company and even those that try to return unopened products get nowhere. By all means contact them, but expect to get little help.

Is there anything wrong with the products, apart from the price? How much did you spend?
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Angeleyez wrote: »

It's a really dirty sales technique these places use - or several techniques together - including checking you're not local enough to cause problems. If you can get back to the store you could try standing outside and warning away any tourists until they refund you just to get rid of you. It's not like it's a quality product you could buy at a legit shop, it's deliberately exotic sounding and overpriced with deliberately bundled packages so receipts cannot have individual items returned, etc. Given a choice between a fair and honest way to do something, and a shady way, they do seem to prefer the questionable route every time.

It's structured as an almost scam, it's as close to the line as they can get, and possibly over it. They need to remain under the radar so making a big fuss on the premises is likely your strongest card. The tub of goo "worth" £800 and reduced to £200 is in reality a couple of quids worth. Cosmetics are a complete racket. Back in the days of The Real Hustle they opened a shop selling generic (pennies per kilo) emollient/aqueous creme liquidised with fresh parsley, served over ice, etc. I rather suspect a similar setup, certainly from a different but similar store just off Oxford Street.
  • hoxton69
    Options
    hi i was walking past a shop in fenchurch street wen i was stopped by a bloke outside a shop who said he had something to stop my eyes looking so puffy ( becus they r quite bad and noticable) i looked in the shop and ther were several people having allsorts done , so i went in and he put a cream on my eye and told be to compare with the other eye , within seconds the pufiness was gone , and i was really surprised it worked - he said it was £150 but if i brought it there and thn i cud have for a £100 but i didnt have that kind of money so declined even tho he did a hard sell - but a few mnths ltr i wanted to go back and get it , and researched abit found this forum - so now im in 2 minds- did it really work ?? i havent got that kind of money to throw away but my sons getting married so i i want to look gd - but dont want to get conned - wat shud i do or is there a main dealer i cud go to - or another product that does the same thing ? please advise - TIA
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    hoxton69 wrote: »
    hi i was walking past a shop in fenchurch street wen i was stopped by a bloke outside a shop who said he had something to stop my eyes looking so puffy ( becus they r quite bad and noticable) i looked in the shop and ther were several people having allsorts done , so i went in and he put a cream on my eye and told be to compare with the other eye , within seconds the pufiness was gone , and i was really surprised it worked - he said it was £150 but if i brought it there and thn i cud have for a £100 but i didnt have that kind of money so declined even tho he did a hard sell - but a few mnths ltr i wanted to go back and get it , and researched abit found this forum - so now im in 2 minds- did it really work ?? i havent got that kind of money to throw away but my sons getting married so i i want to look gd - but dont want to get conned - wat shud i do or is there a main dealer i cud go to - or another product that does the same thing ? please advise - TIA

You've read all about this scam of a company and still need to ask whether to buy from them?

The mind boggles.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hoxton69 wrote: »

I don't know , you tell us, did it really work.
    As to what should you do-I suggest- get conned.
    Yes there is another product that does the same thing -send me £50 and I'll tell you about it .
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The original post here is over 2 years old !!!!!!
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • FinancialDunce
    Options
    I got scammed by Tresor Rare in Fenchurch Street yesterday and am so embarrassed and feel like complete idiot.

Was accosted by a charming man handing out samples and when I took it, stupidly followed him in when he said 'Hang on, come in, I have something else to show you, it will only take a minute’. Half an hour later, after repeatedly saying I have to go I’m in a rush and him saying 'don't worry only a couple of minutes', whilst plying me with compliments, a glass of champagne and showing me how ‘amazing’ their products were (he really convinced me at the time), I left £240 quid lighter.

There was even was a point in the sales pitch that I reached for my phone and said ‘right your products do seem great, but I always check out reviews before I buy’. At which point he said ‘yes of course you want to see reviews, come over here and look at it on the big computer screen’. I actually knew why he was taking control of this, but felt embarrassed to say (preying on people's politeness).

Then he showed me the google reviews and scrolled past all the bad ones saying ‘obviously some reviews are bad because you always get the bad apples, but look at these five stars!’. I felt embarrassed to say ‘hang on, let me read these bad reviews’, which is exactly what they planned for. In the end I felt so bad that they’d spent half an hour on me and was in such a rush, that I gave in and spent 240 quid that I do not have on an exfoliator and an eye cream!

It was like they’d put me under an hypnotic spell and a couple of minutes after leaving I snapped out of this bizarre trance and realised that I’d just been coerced into spending TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY POUNDS that I don’t have on something I didn’t want or need.

So googled straight away and saw that they're a scam. Then took a closer look at the receipt and saw that they only offer exchanges or credit notes within 14 days (i.e. no full refund). And if you do want any kind of refund you need to email a US email first and wait 24 hours to 3 days for a reply (a delaying tactic).

Emailed them straight away saying that I want a full refund or I will report them to trading standards. Then went back to the store saying I've done the emailing thing and I want a refund. Then he fobbed me off with 'my hands are tied until you get the a reply from them with a refund number, but I like you so here's another free piece of crap that is 'worth £87' to show you how amazing our products are! And don't worry, they will reply saying you can get a full refund, so come back and you WILL get a refund, don't worry!'.

Again, being a fool not wanting to cause a scene, I said ok I'll wait a couple of days for the authorisation. By the way, from reading another person's account of going back and forcing a refund on the same day, I know that they could have given a refund straight away, But again, I felt weak because they were so 'friendly'.

Am so annoyed that they felt comfortable conning me out of hundreds of pounds but I still feel too polite to ask for it back in a forceful way.

I fully expect them to say no to the refund. In which case I will print out an A3 poster saying ‘Tresor Rare is a SCAM’ and will stand outside their shop until they give me a refund.

Will keep you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport