PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily 2nd February

Options

Comments

• poppy811
    poppy811 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been back in hospital with a chest and kidney infection and multiple clots on my lungs. No wonder I felt so ill. I must say the ward was fantastic, couldn't fault the care I received. Home now but have to give myself a blood thinning daily for life. Off my chemo tablets until I see the consultant next Tuesday.

Lots of snow here but my neighbours have been wonderful with offers of shopping, books to read and even a lamb curry delivery. I am hibernating until things improve.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning chums a dusting of snow last night which barely covered the roads, and the sun is out today so its nearly all gone thank goodness, hopefully it will stay away. It looks pretty on Christmas cards ,but I hate the stuff as it ties me indoors :)

freezer sort out today to list what's available Lots of odds and ends to use up and I'm like you TA no matter how much is eaten it never seems to go down :)

May have a sort out of the tinns cupboard today as well,no shopping to buy at all which is good ,so this afternoon it will be feet up and a good book for me I think I have a bit of baking to do this morning then I am having the afternoon off and just ,as my grandsons would say chillaxing :)

Hope everyone is safe and warm and dry

cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning campers !
    We still have snow lying, however the roads are clear and the sun is shining, but the northerly wind is very keen. The forecast doesn't look good for tomorrow though.
    I'm still suffering with this headache, although I'm sure it's because of the snow. I will hold off from the tablets until it's absolutely necessary.
    I didn't have my nap yesterday but felt workish :cool:. So the lounge had a dust and I hoovered through, then did some pickled beetroot, which I love and Mr Fix It hates, more for me then :j.
    I was channel flicking last night as I was watching the rugby and a film. Wales won :T. Mr Fix It had retired early.... lightweight !
    Today I'm not sure about, I may decide to change the bed, but we do have a film to watch that I had as a xmas pressie from Mr Fix It, it isn't my type but it was his :rotfl:. Give me a good zombie/ horror film any day :j.
    Tea tonight may be some kind of stew, as it feels that kind of day and I've got all the ingredients ready for my chef :D.

SilverOldie hugs to you my friend. Hope your Mum enjoys her cake.
    Nelski phew! Thanks, I thought my Dad was out of the coven for a minute :D
    TA if you don't get back on here by tomorrow we will know that you have been eaten by the duvet cover. We will dispatch the Jack Russell :rotfl:.
    Poppy sorry that you've been in hospital again. Sending healing vibes and gentle hugs.
    Organza Lace get yourself to your hidey hole with plenty of provisions. 'Arry Potters cupboard is available :rotfl:
    Hope everyone has a goodish Saturday. Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! I have no pans today except maybe wait and see what happens when the district nurse phones. Told them not to bother coming out yesterday, the snow was six inches and I wasn't needing them to do anything anyway. I have enough dressings to open my own A&E. The snow is melting now but that just means it's slippery and even worse. Will change the drain and wait until Monday probably.

I just had my favourite sandwich for breakfast [ pastrami and lettuce -no rocket available - and mayo] . That used to be my go to sandwich all the time, I think I ate it for about a year for lunch every day when I wasn't in work, and that was quite a lot because I worked shifts.
    No plans today, going to watch Nelski's boyfriend on catch up and maybe get OH to do a washing load, I need a shower and some clean clothes, I have a definite eau de'tramp thing happening...

Holly, I managed to make the beef stew, the co op didn't have croissants, but it did have beef :) slow down there too, rest up and stuff! TA, check this out, it really makes a difference, the only thing I was a bit unsure of was the turing over the ends thing but even I managed it first go...I mnaged a superking by myself [ pre ops obviously]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPfudNNd8Y
    SO, take a cake for yourself too, you don't have to talk with your mouth full :) csarina, good to know the eye is getting better. nanny, if you like zombies and reading, try the feed/blackout/deadline series by mira grant - can't remember the order...her mermaid book is quite good too. OL - copious amounts of comfort food and a room by yourself today then!
    Good to see you poppy, although the reasons for being offline sound horrible, glad you're better. Shame you're not a bit nearer, I'd bring you some beef stew - when I can drive again I might surprise you with some kindling :) god luck with freezer decluttering everyone, and have some honey/whisky and warm milk for coughs, drink enough of them, and you'll forget you had a cough :)
    A bright and breezy Saturday to you all.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

I've been re-organising my kitchen this morning in an attempt to keep mobile while the washing machine does it's thing, rather than just sitting on my bum knitting which is what I usually do. I'm fed up of seeing recipes that I fancy which involve a food processor then flicking past them because mine is at the back of the pantry and it's such a faff getting it out. It's out on the counter now, plugged in and ready to go. It meant moving the bread bin but it's all worked out ok. The cupboards are all clean and tidy too. The first load of washing is in the dryer (garden path is lethal so I'm not hanging anything out) and I'm having a tea break.

I have however just emptied the "drawer of doom" all over the side. I'm not sure how that much stuff fitted in one smallish drawer bit it's not all going back in there!

Poppy sorry to hear that you've been so poorly - I hope you feel better soon.

S-O I hope your mum fancies her cake. She sounds very depressed.

Snoozer I hope you and Steve have had a better night. You must be so stressed.

Take care all of you :)
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2019 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Good morning all.
    We've had a good bit of snow, but it seems to be frozen now. It's bright and sunny though, may go out for a walk/slither later.

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill again Poppy. hope you pick up soon.

OL, Grump must have a good memory, going back 35 years!!

SO, sorry your Mum is deteriorating, hope you can encourage her to eat her cake.

I've got a bit of washing in, and it will dry on the airer upstairs. My ironing pile has started to reach worrying proportions, I don't know, one day there's a couple of things, then it suddenly grows.

Anyway , go carefully if you have to go out, and keep warm

Take care folks.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Morning all

The snow is all gone :( really didn't last long at all, by the way Nels I am about 40 mins from Brighton and we are all clear down here at the moment will keep you posted if we have more snow x

thank you red that would be much appreciated :A sorry its gone though I know you love it :)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks taff. She's a new author to me so I'll bank that thought as I'm presently banned from buying anymore books :o. Mmmmm :think: I wonder if she's in the library yet ? That's not buying :j. I'll have a look next time I go to town. Thanks butty :T
    I have stripped the bed and put the bedding in the WM as Holly was putting me to shame on the housework front :rotfl:. I've also fed the birds again ! They were beginning to accumulate in the trees looking so forlorn and sad . They are now fighting on the patio :eek:.

TTFN nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all:D
    Brrr I'm freezing still.NELS, the chuffing fire's still not mended.I had to order the part myself, so have to wait for it, then he'll come n fit it.Am under my heated throw, with fan heater on:mad:
    Might pop n see Mum later if my joints thaw out, otherwise I'll just chill n watch rubbish tv :D
    POPPY sorry you've been poorly hun :(
    TA I'm with you re changing the duvet.I always ache a lot afterwards:o
    Huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs today :A xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon all. A quick pop in to see if I am missing anything! I've always been a bit nosey!

POPPY so sorry to hear you have been so ill, on top of everything else. Hope you soon pick up a bit and it's nice you have helpful neighbours looking out for you.

TAFF I tried that California roll thing with the duvet once but sadly I couldn't get to grips with it! I think if my arms had resembled Mr Tickle's I would have found it easier! I think I am too small for one thing and not agile enough in my dotage for all the scrambling around on the bed! So I shall have to await NAN sending up the Jack Russell when I get lost.

It's turned into a glorious day with blue sky and sunshine - and we have crept up to 0 deg! The snow is slowly melting where the sun reaches it. Sadly we never get sun on the front steps so they will remain hazardous for now.

Lazy afternoon now with feet up and watching stuff I recorded through the week. I know how to live it up!!

Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure