First Passport

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,724 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Update: I have rang the registration to check the status of my parents birth certificate and marriage certificate and the lady who I spoken to, she said that they will arrive at the beginning of September because she also said that they is a bank holiday coming up, do you think I got plenty of time before January? as soon as I get them, I can send my passport foam off ASAP.
    Yes.
    How long it takes

It should take 3 weeks to get your passport. Use a different service if you need it urgently.
    It can take longer if more information is needed or your application has not been filled in correctly.
    https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

You have probably in excess of 4 months.
    Please stop stressing.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Should be fine. A friend of mine got one in 6 weeks recently. It may take longer where you are but even so it shouldn't take a silly amount of time.
  • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Options
    Ok thanks for your replies. I forgot to ask, will a council tax debt stop me from getting a passport? I am just worried as I have a debt at the moment and I am paying Jacobs enforcement £40.00 per month. I am just curious that's all.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,724 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    OP
    I feel like coming over, giving you a big hug, sitting you down with a large G&T and telling you to bloody stop worrying! ;)

OK.
    It's been a long, long time since I first applied for a passport.
    Does the application form ask about any debt? (I'd guess probably not).
    If it doesn't ask that question, how will anyone know?
  • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    OP
    I feel like coming over, giving you a big hug, sitting you down with a large G&T and telling you to bloody stop worrying! ;)

OK.
    It's been a long, long time since I first applied for a passport.
    Does the application form ask about any debt? (I'd guess probably not).
    If it doesn't ask that question, how will anyone know?

Hi Pollycat, haha, cheers, no, it doesn't mention on the form any debt at all lol :)
  • waamo
    Options
    Do you plan on skipping the country and living somewhere that doesn't have an extradition treaty?

If the answer is yes then don't let the authorities get wind or they might question you more before they give you a passport.
  • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Do you plan on skipping the country and living somewhere that doesn't have an extradition treaty?

If the answer is yes then don't let the authorities get wind or they might question you more before they give you a passport.

What? No, I am just worried / paranoid that I won't get my passport in time before January arrives, but maybe I should just calm down as everyone keep saying I will get it before January lol.
  • waamo
    Options
    Take the advice to apply online. It really is much easier.
  • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Take the advice to apply online. It really is much easier.

I have been told that if you apply online, it will cost more because you would need to pay for the passport when online is filled in, but what if mistakes happen on the online filling and you print it out and if any mistakes and you send it off and it will get rejected and you got to apply again and obviously you need to pay another £75.00 for a passport again, that's why it cost more if you do it online, unless I am wrong? sorry, I am new to applying for a passport haha.
  • waamo
    Options
    You only print the declaration form that you have to sign. The rest is done online.

It's really not difficult and you can't go wrong. It's also cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure