PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Naughty
    Options
    Going to try and be really good this month - put me down for £120
    Sealed Pot Challenge #601
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for starting a new thread. Can I be put down for £150 again this month? Thanks!
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    would declarations not make more sense if people said how many lived in the household??--sorry i am a newbie here.--i am aiming for 175 pounds for 3 hungry humans!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • jamie85_2
    Options
    Really Interesting, appreciative and impressive challenge. Let see what happens eventually.. :T:T
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • sharronej
    Options
    Mrs M
    Please can you put me down for £325 for November's challenge? I'm going to include all Christmas food and hopefully drink in the next two months.

Thanks
  • Jane2112
    Jane2112 Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Not been here for a while please put me down for £250

Last couple of months I have been over, but its getting tougher now and I am determined not to go over this month.
    Jane 2112
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello all - still on October until Sunday, but can I please have a Nov budget of £425, Mrs M :D Have taken budget down by £25 - could probably go lower, but it's close to Xmas, and all that ;) I also know that I could do with stocking up on nappies (must check if they're VATable!) and loo rolls. And we're down to 1 bottle of shampoo (for 6 of us!)

Will join in fully when I've finished Oct :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • nattyt
    nattyt Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Forgive me for i have sinned!!:o Went WAY over budget,however i have a freezer FULL of food and a stock cupboard the same. My November will start tomorrow when my 'S'shop comes and end on 27th. Needed lots of things like shower gel, washing powder etc and I also bought a mop!! It came to £68.77. Was originally £91 but with codes and savings got quite a bit off so happy with that. So this month i'm really going to try for
    £200
    If music be the food of love then play on
    "No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow". ღ ~Maya Angelou
    Doing it for my kids. For a better secure life. x
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    I also know that I could do with stocking up on nappies (must check if they're VATable!)
    Yes, disposable nappies are VATable
    Cheryl
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    Yes, disposable nappies are VATable

Thanks Cheryl - I guessed they probably would be (they're not exactly truly essential, after all...) - will look for some good offers and stock up then :) DS3 is only 17 months, so have no plans for potty training yet ;)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport