PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Pipkin 71 - just tried to PM you, but your inbox is full!
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    another spend in Mr A's £24.
    They had so many xmas decorations reduced so very cheap I couldnt resist. I know it will save me money for next year as we didnt have any decorations up this year as they were all so rubbish and broken. but next xmas my house will look like lapland. Also bought my crackers and all my wrap. Stored nicely in the loft with the tree for next year. Is it sad that Im excited already??

Just changed to decaf tea. Mainly for the baby as I drink so much of it. But also it stops you going to the loo every 5 mins. but yorkshire tea decaf is soooooo expensive. does anyone else have any ideas about what other decaf tea is nice.
    Happy days
  • boysma
    boysma Posts: 828 Forumite
    Options
    Today's spend of 12.38 now added, this includes bread and fruit so hopefully should only need milk over next couple of days. Fingers crossed :)
    Payment A Day £15 (started 17/5/14) :j
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    toddles* wrote: »
    Just changed to decaf tea. Mainly for the baby as I drink so much of it. But also it stops you going to the loo every 5 mins. but yorkshire tea decaf is soooooo expensive. does anyone else have any ideas about what other decaf tea is nice.

All I know is that I suffered terrible headaches when I switched to decaf :(
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • fingersxed
    fingersxed Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I had a wander round Tesco and was v gd!! Only spent £29.52. Got home then realised i'd forgot milk! Sent youngest daughter to local shop so another £2 spent. Must update sig
  • booskyeboo
    Options
    Hi
    I had a NSD yesterday, have spent £12.89 on fruit, dried fruit and nuts, ( does anyone know of any where that sells dried fruit and nuts a bit cheaper I have bought some from H&B today, I have also bought them from the supermarket in the past) I will go and update signature.:o
    WW start date 31/8/2011 :j

weight lost so far:- 32lbs :T
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    £2.36 spent in Lidl - 2 bags of red onions (to be caramelised when I have freezer space), 3 boxes of Oxo cubes (3 for 99p which I thought was quite good) and a packet of domino cubes (like small cake/chocolates and very tasty!) :o They were reduced as Christmas stock and kept looking at me!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • salski
    salski Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Well so much for my previous post! I will have to go to Mr T's in a mo to get some essentials such as squash and lemsips (cheapo version) for poorly OH.
    Loan finished Sep 2010 - HSBC CC - WAS £750 now £0! Natwest CC - WAS £1600 now £100 - Overdraughts to be worked on! WILL be debt free by mid 2011!!!
    £2000 Saved so far for maternity leave - Our baby girl arrived valentines day! Elsie Ann - WELCOME :heart:
    Sealed pot challenge number 4 - number 1167 - Last day smoking: 8/1/2011
  • Zend
    Zend Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Could you please put me down for £100 this month please. We still have a lot of food left over from Christmas. This will be a very expensive month due to car tax, insurance etc and just finding out it is going to cost nearly £600 to have some dental work:eek:.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • Tracey2609
    Tracey2609 Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    I've been reading through the threads, and found alot of comments about people splitting their shopping between different stores... Certainly in my area I have to drive to any of the main supermarkets and occasionally send my son to the local shop for the odd pint of milk. In the main I try to be "good" and only go food shopping once a week and on a full stomach! - I really overspend if I shop when I'm hungry! But my question is, is it worth splitting the shopping like this? Does the amount of money saved outweigh the extra cost in fuel? Thanks!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a Unicorn - then always be a Unicorn !
    No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - Joined May 2013

28x UU
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family