<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Time for some targets and a diary, greenbee? Just an idea.

I was invited to a party last night and offered to drive (went with two colleagues/friends). Ended up drinking cola, which is not my usual choice. Food was ok, but I had desserts and then didn't resist the sweetie table. I really felt unwell after all that sugar when I got up this morning.
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Yum Yum rumble tum again!
    I wasn't complaining Redo - just drooling:D
    Upping veggies on my list too. Would be fine if I didn't have a teenage DS who craves meat protein constantly.

Have a good day :)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Mrschaos I use the mango pur!e in smoothies (yuck!), but then I freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays so not hugely helpful. You could marble it through a cake I think?

DIA I don't mind cauliflower in moderation. I think it was the volume of it in the 'rice' that was the problem so I might try that again. Not keen on green veg generally but did pick up a savoy and broccoli today. Have frozen spinach which I keep for adding to curries etc.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Green bee, I was thinking you meant yucky milk but then realised you mean chocolate :o
    Hope the after affects are mild. The next few weeks are bound to be challenging for you, and you know you cope better when you eat right and go to Pilates :p

NOA My eldest is very meat driven too, as is his father. Making pizza at school today but that doesn't constitute a meal apparently, it'll be an after school snack for mr hollow legs.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Mondays are a work from home day, but my conference call has moved so I can nip and do the food shopping first. No eggs in MrL! Did buy a reasonable volume of F&V and a reduced chicken but not sure where £60 went.

Made a batch of bread dough for the boys, with 400g white, 100g wholemeal and a good handful of pumpkin seeds so no doubt DS2 will refuse to eat it due to texture. I've tried sticking seeds on top before but they just fall off. Has anyone tried adding chia to bread dough?

Chased the remortgage (yawn), and it appears that because of the technical problems they have credit checked us three times so far. That's great until they refuse us and I need to apply elsewhere. Need to find out if I can do anything about that on Experian, etc.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Our standard bread recipe includes plenty of mixed seeds Redo but I've never tried chia seeds - you'd need to increase the liquid quite a lot I would think to take account of them absorbing it? Our usual mix is along the lines of poppy, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds & linseeds but we like the texture of them in the bread.

No question I know I feel a lot better when I eat properly - get those veggies down your neck! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds themselves v popular with DS2, must buy more. The boys liked the bread too. They usually object to 'funny' textures EH so I tend to stick to simple.

I made soup to use up some of the elderly veg, vaguely this recipe but adapted as always.
    1. Cooked on the hob, half an hour simmer was fine - is it just me who CBA washing the pressure cooker or slow cooker when it is just soup?
    2. Sweated the chopped veg and spices (ras el hanout) for a few minutes before i added the stock.
    3. Almost inevitable addition of smoked chipotle flakes
    4. I am really not keen on wet lumpy food so compromised by removing and blending a couple of ladles and then mixing it back in to make a thick textured soup.

I had a small bowl and it was ok, for soup :p. Far too healthy and soupy for my taste, but a good way to fill up the hollow legged over the next few days.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello redo, have found your diary after seeing you on mine and subscribed. Have read most of it and you've made me laugh and feel hungry at the same time. I live on soup in the week for work lunches and have a soup maker, well worth the money in my opinion - just throw everything in, switch on and go and do something more exciting for 21 minutes.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cake sounds like a good way to go. I like smoothies, but would prefer to avoid the sugar (it's a big tin) and the boys aren't keen on mango.
    I'm baking for two Christmas fairs in a couple of weeks, so I'll research some recipes. Tray bake, maybe with a cream cheese and mango icing. I wonder whether I can involve coconut as well. May need to source a tray first, though....
  • redofromstart
    Options
    :hello: sunaddict I've often admired the soup makers in Lakeland but am fairly anti more work top filling gadgetry.

Mrschaos - I found quite a few when I was looking that might be adaptable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback