Travelling On

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been meaning to pop my head around the door for ages:o to say:-

Pleased that you had a great holiday and to thank you for sharing your lovely photos.

Great that your trip to Liverpool went well and that you got to see the Terracotta warriors and associated items.

Also fantastic news that the dishwasher fits where it needed to be, the one in the previous house and here have both been slimline ones, the kitchens being too small for anything else, it means that we run it every other day, which suits us as although we have loads of mugs, we tend to be getting a bit tight on plates and dishes if we had to leave it longer and I don't wish to own more:(

Cooler here yesterday and today (22 degrees), which is very welcome, all cracked earth in the flower beds and a shed load of plants waiting to be planted:(:(

Enjoy your coach trip tomorrow.
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I have been meaning to pop my head around the door for ages:o
    :hello: Hiya!

Pleased that you had a great holiday and to thank you for sharing your lovely photos.
    You're very welcome :) it's been useful to have a proper selection up there :)

Great that your trip to Liverpool went well and that you got to see the Terracotta warriors and associated items.
    I was *so* pleased with it all!

Also fantastic news that the dishwasher fits where it needed to be, the one in the previous house and here have both been slimline ones, the kitchens being too small for anything else, it means that we run it every other day, which suits us as although we have loads of mugs, we tend to be getting a bit tight on plates and dishes if we had to leave it longer and I don't wish to own more:(
    maddie, you run a slimline every other day and there's two of you? Kudos to you both, my lovely friend - I run it every other day too, and there's only one of me :o:o:o I practise one ring cookery, one mug for all day use (though I use two, one is for my single coffee!). I'm envious :rotfl:

Cooler here yesterday and today (22 degrees), which is very welcome, all cracked earth in the flower beds and a shed load of plants waiting to be planted:(:(
    Much cooler here too - its getting more and more cloudy, it really looks like the heavens are about to burst, but I've been saying that (and meaning it!) for about a week now. It keeps on not-happening though :p

I'm going to do some garden work in a bit, but until my digestif time passes, I'm scanning photos.

Enjoy your coach trip tomorrow.
    MM[/QUOTE]
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoop! Glad the dw fitted! :j xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have a great trip to London
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your trip tomorrow :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks all, I will: I've done everything that I really needed to do today, though not everything I *wanted* to, of course :) but thats good enough. Chilling now :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! So, the trip went well, I recognised a couple of faces, spoke with more people I hadn't met, took photos of the beehives at the Physic Garden for my brother, who's actively learning about bees via his local library. It needs a separate trip to study things actively. Then we pootled off to Fulham Palace, which is starting a final renovation phase that will see it become a much more interesting place to visit (lots of grounds, but not much there). It was a loooong day, nearly 10 hours, though fortunately a lot of it was sitting down in an air conditioned coach :D

Bought a little sage plant, for £1, and I thought it was a turkestanica, but the online photos are nothing like. I'll pot it on before planting it out, so we'll see.

I need a bit of a quiet day today, with all of that going on yesterday, so quiet round-the-house stuff is where I'm at :) Hope people have been having good days all round :):):)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    RANT ALERT
    Trying to update my current net worth ... phoned the Post Office (!) to get account details, and ended up speaking to a bloke with a **really** strong accent (UK). He threatened to disconnect me if I couldn't understand him - I kept asking him to speak slower, and he did for one sentence then speeded up again. Effing Post Office. Once I get the details, I'm s*dding off.
    /END RANT
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    RANT ALERT
    Trying to update my current net worth ... phoned the Post Office (!) to get account details, and ended up speaking to a bloke with a **really** strong accent (UK). He threatened to disconnect me if I couldn't understand him - I kept asking him to speak slower, and he did for one sentence then speeded up again. Effing Post Office. Once I get the details, I'm s*dding off.
    /END RANT

I had this a few weeks ago with the TSBlooming B.
    Drives me nuts.
    I feel your pain.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Just call me Great Auntie Karmacat. For the fifth time :j:male::j:male::j:male:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure