Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Pooky, glad to hear the gutters are about right ;)

The seller agreed to change the address, so phoned them and they said to cancel the collection before the courier came to pick it up and rebook it. He did this and they said it would be collected in the afternoon yesterday instead. He sent me the new tracking number, then went to the collection point (he's at work) to change the address label and the courier came and collected it (hadn't been notified it was cancelled) so it's still going to the old address :( To be fair the guy is being really helpful now, we're emailing like bloody penpals, and this time it's MyHermes fault as on the tracking thing it even says the order was cancelled and then the parcel collected 2 hours later :mad: So, today he's trying to get them to sort it. We'll see!!

So this morning I have been shopping , ds went to the train station for a couple of hours. I did spend a bit but got some bargains too ;)

I spent £20 in Primark - a couple of t-shirts for ds, some cheap sunglasses to keep in the car for me, a couple of pairs of summer trousers and a top.

I also went into Superdrug and got 4 bottles of herbal essences shampoo reduced to 15p each and 2 bottles of Sure deodorant reduced to 82p each, so total spend = £2.24 :money:

I popped into Pret and had a latte and a choc bar which was about £4, then into Asda and got some mini eggs reduced to 50p a bag :money: and a tube of primula cheese because I can claim the money back for that on a moneysaving app, so that's free :D

Car parnking was £2.40 and I made ds some lunch to take with him so he didn't spend money at the stupidly over-priced station cafe :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,576 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope it all sorts itself out.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    edited 22 April 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Morning all, ds has gone to his Dads this morning (back tomorrow), I have been to Mums and helped her change her bed and tidied a bit. Now I have that Sunday night dread feeling creeping in, knowing I'm back at work on Monday :o Between now and then there's lots I need to get done. It's always the same, I have time off then I leave it all til the end and the panicky feeling suddenly spurs me into action :)

I have already been to the shops and bought lightbulbs for my new lamp (homebase vouchers), the key for the meter cupboard, and various bits and pieces in home bargains.

So, here's the plan for the weekend:
    • Change ds bedding
    • Clear washing basket
    • Ironing
    • Read and submit meter readings
    • List and box up all stuff for ebay
    • Clean ds bedroom
    • Clean downstairs toilet
    • Trip to the tip
    • Food shopping
    • Pay ds paper-round money into his account
    • Buy home phone
    • Sort handbag for work
    • Check ds homework
    • Schoolwork
    • Hoover through
    • Clear coffee table and dining table (and put stuff away)
    • Clean ds school shoes
    • Clear kitchen windowsill
    • Figure out how to programme the hot water / heating
    • Figure out the settings on the dishwasher
    • Figure out the settings on the oven
    • Submit my Super 6 scores
    • Paperwork

No doubt I will add more as I go, I will also obviously be sat on the sofa while the footie is on this afternoon, so this will be fitted around that.
  • benbenandme
    edited 22 April 2017 at 2:48PM
    Options
    That's been a pretty productive hour and a half even by my standards :D
    [STRIKE]Change ds bedding[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clear washing basket[/STRIKE] LAST LOAD IS IN NOW
    Ironing TOMORROW
    [STRIKE]Read and submit meter readings[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]List and box up all stuff for ebay[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean ds bedroom[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean downstairs toilet[/STRIKE] DONE
    Trip to the tip
    [STRIKE]Food shopping[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Pay ds paper-round money into his account[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Buy home phone[/STRIKE] DONE
    Sort handbag for work
    [STRIKE]Check ds homework[/STRIKE] DONE - SOME TO DO WHEN HE COMES BACK TOMORROW
    Schoolwork
    [STRIKE]Hoover through[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clear coffee table and dining table (and put stuff away)[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean ds school shoes[/STRIKE] DONE & HIKING BOOTS
    [STRIKE]Clear kitchen windowsill[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Figure out how to programme the hot water / heating[/STRIKE] DONE & REPROGRAMMED
    [STRIKE]Figure out the settings on the dishwasher[/STRIKE] DONE
    Figure out the settings on the oven SHE DIDN'T LEAVE ME THE MANUAL, WILL NEED TO GOOGLE
    [STRIKE]Submit my Super 6 scores[/STRIKE] DONE
    Paperwork

As well as that, a delivery man has brought me the dishwasher tablets I need to test for a survey - a bag of 37 Fairy Platinum tablets (£10 in Waitrose) :T I've also had an email re. ds parcel to say I need to keep checking the tracking thing and when it says it's out with the courier for delivery to contact them again and they may be able to intercept it then. Cue me checking every 5 minutes :o

I also managed to figure out the window in the downstairs toilet which was jammed, and it is now open :D

Time now for some lunch then I will do some of the 'sat down' bits on the list :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    A fab 4-0 win for Bournemouth today :j :j Bring on Match of the Day tonight :D
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Great result for Bournemouth. Very strange team selection for Chelsea - not looking forward to this game at all.
  • benbenandme
    edited 22 April 2017 at 5:39PM
    Options
    Ake is playing - He's fabulous and very easy on the eye too, like a young Ruud Gullit ;):D
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    So what do I know about team selection! I agree about Ake - we call him baby Ruud. In MSE news I got my February work expenses through this week and used it all as an overpayment. It's payday again on Tuesday so decided it was best to get it out of the current account as it wasn't really needed this month. Great work on your list today, you achieved loads of tasks.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,576 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That was some list!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, not the best nights sleep, I have been awake since 5.30 as I'm stressing about going back to work tomorrow :o

The ironing is done though and I've watched last nights Match of the Day although I'm not sure why I bothered, Kevin Kilbane (pundit) has no ideas about us - "Cook didn't make contact with Ramirez" ... it was Francis not Cook. "Ramirez hardly made contact with Fraser" ... it was Pugh not Fraser :cool: Reminded me why it's worth paying for Sky ;)

So today, ds is home later :D, Tesco shopping is coming, I need to do paperwork, schoolwork, a trip to the tip and get ready for going back to work :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family