Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Morning, last night my amazing friends came round and helped built the wardrobe doors for ds wardrobe, meaning his room is just about finished now, I'm so grateful to them :)

Today ds is hoping his new computer part is delivered, so we will be indoors for a bit waiting for that. I might go and mooch the shops looking at garden furniture today and probably another tip trip with the boxes from last night.

Quick update on the list:
    [STRIKE]Prep and freeze parsnips[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean the car - inside and out[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Bring in suitcase & box of clothes from garage[/STRIKE] and unpack PARTLY DONE
    [STRIKE]Another trip to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Mattress to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Single mattress to Mums garage[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make new filing system for new house stuff[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Empty any of our stuff from Mums garage[/STRIKE] DONE
    Plan for a car boot sale
    Clean windows / Find window cleaner for conservatory
    Buy a bin for the bathroom
    Buy double plug sockets for bedrooms
    [STRIKE]Join clicksnap[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Text ex-Mil[/STRIKE] DONE
    Call hospital and chase ds appointment
    Buy a home phone
    Ironing
    Laminate new mortgage chart
    Pay in cheques
    Cash in scratchcard
    Post 2 x letters
    [STRIKE]Pay ground rent portion from flat[/STRIKE] DONE
    Set up new dd (halifax account)
    Complete change of address stuff
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, last night ds and I went to buy our garden furniture, my brother was incredibly generous and gave me the money for it as a moving in present. I have been dithering for ages between wooden / rattan furniture, but decided in the end that anything with a glass topped table (most of the rattan ones) would end up reflecting the sun off it and driving me crackers. So we chose a lovely wooden set from homebase, who happen to have a voucher offer on at the moment. The table and 4 chairs came to £245, so we split it into two transactions to claim 2 x £20 vouchers which can be spent next week, so I will go back then and get the parasol (£35 - £20 voucher as you can only use one per transaction) = £15, and then I still have another £20 voucher left which will go on either teak oil for the set, some paint, plants for the garden or double plug sockets :D I also will have £40 of my brothers money left, he insists he doesn't want it back. I will either put it in the overpayments pot or put it towards something else for the house, I need to write another list of bits and pieces I still need to get.

So today we will be assembling the new furniture, although the weather isn't looking great so far :cool: Ds is also still waiting for the new bit for his computer to arrive (should've been here yesterday), so hopefully that will come today.
    Other than that, some ironing, making some rock cakes or a sponge cake, paying in the cheques, cashing in the scratchcard, posting my brothers birthday card / present.

I've already had my shower, tidied my bedroom, the kitchen and everywhere else is ready for a hoover a bit later. Cup of tea time now :D

Oh, nearly forgot, importantly my first mortgage payment has gone out today, so I'm now into the £74,000's :D:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Quite a good day today, I went and got my brothers present and posted it, I also paid in the cheques. The ironing is done and I have just cashed in £10 from a survey site :D

But, ds ebay purchase still hasn't arrived, so he's quite gutted as he's desperate to play on his computer and has saved hard for it. I have emailed the seller to see when it was posted but so far no response. Tomorrow and Monday are bank holidays so no post on those days, so fingers crossed it comes on Saturday or I will have one thoroughly miserable bunny on my hands :(
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Poor ds. Hope it turns up on Saturday.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Squirrel, still no reply from the ebay seller yet :(

This morning ds and I have been and played pitch and putt golf at the local leisure centre, it was good fun and was a lovely sunny morning, we were both absolutely rubbish at first but soon got the hang of it :D It only cost £8 and £2 for the car park and kept us entertained for a good couple of hours :)

Popped into Sainsburys on the way back as my sister announced yesterday she has got ds an easter egg (we stopped this last year as her eldest ds is now 17),but hey ho ... anyway, got both her boys an egg each, got some hot cross buns, bread, daffodils for Mum and that was another £12 gone :o

Now we're about to have lunch then assemble the garden furniture. A bit of a tidy up is in order too as the place is a bit of a mess again :)

I've also just done a survey and will be sent some dishwasher tablets to test for a month, so that will save me buying them ;)
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Easter. You seem to be really enjoying your new home and getting the mortgage down already - well done!
    I hope DS gets his parcel soon - it must very frustrating for him after having saved up for so long.
    I've been clearing bags in the garage - found a bag of eldest DD's shoes that she had as a teenager - very high heels, very strappy and glitzy. She is coming round at the weekend so I'll hand them back to her! Doubt she'll get much chance to wear them now though as a mum in her 30's! Not sure how they remained undiscovered for the last 2 house moves though.
    Hope you have a great weekend
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Blackcats, I am feeling settled here although I'm starting to notice bits and pieces that need doing, I will probably sort myself a bumper list to work on in the summer holidays :D It's mainly silly things like the skirting boards need repainting or some of the garden fence panels need repainting or ds needs a lamp for his desk.

The ebay seller still hasn't replied to my message so I'm not feeling too hopeful, they do have 100% feedback though so hopefully it will still come :o

Mum popped in earlier with an Easter egg for us and £10 each, guess where mine is headed ;)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So today ... the ebay seller finally replied to say he has had flu since wednesday so hasn't sent it yet but hopes to send it today :eek: :eek: We won the item last saturday so not sure why he couldn't post it before wednesdsay?? :mad: :mad:

Bournemouth were poor against Spurs today and got thumped, but we have had Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs in our last few games, so at least our remaining 5 are against bottom half of the table teams so hopefully we should be okay.

In other news, I, along with millions of others, have been watching the pregnant giraffe in a zoo in America, anyway, she finally gave birth today, so I have spent hours watching a giraffes rear end and then watching the cutest baby giraffe learning to stand :D:D

The rest of the day will be spent making a cake, then a cottage pie for dinner. I did do some washing earlier, and tidied and hoovered through.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, Happy Easter!! :D:D

Ds had a lie-in this morning (his only non paper-round day of the week), the dog and I have had a lazy mooch on the sofa, I've re-checked my monthly budget and the only proper bill I can still work on is my mobile, my contract doesn't run out until after Christmas, but then I can reduce it from £25 pm to £10 :money: Other than that I can't work on much at the minute, I'm still waiting for electric / gas to be sorted, everything else has been redone when we moved (life insurance, contents/buildings insurance etc).

Today I might try and stick a couple of bits on ebay, empty the washing basket (again) and enjoy a yummy roast lamb dinner :D:D
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I watched April give birth as well, only started watching it about 1/2 hour before it popped out so lucky with the timing! Cuteness overdose :T:T:T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure