New business insurance with ccjs

Options
So I've got a ccj of about 8k to a credit card, it's over 2 years old, the debt significantly older.

I was gifted some cash before xmas by a relative (500) which I have used to build stock for a craft type business. I have a full time job but basically live to the last dime every month with no spare pennies.
This little business has potential but I need product and public liability insurance. Other people making similar say they pay about £60pa. Because of the ccj, Im not being accepted and the one that did has quoted over 300pa :eek:

Does anybody know any insurers who offer reasonable insurance for start ups?

The only debt I have is to a couple of old credit cards, I dont have a mortgage, I've paid everything else off, have regular direct debits for everything else like car, phone, tv etc

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could be worth approaching an insurance broker?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Squarepeg72
    Options
    Hi sue, direct line passed me onto one. Should I try another or are they just the same?
    I know it doesnt sound much but its 5x more that other people pay. How is anyone supposed to get out of debt? I'm not even asking for monthly payments!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd say yes, definitely worth trying another. You may not get anywhere - CCJs may be a bit of a red flag for certain types of insurance - but you won't know unless you try.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport